Many times; various software face compatibility issues with Windows Operating System, which can cause them to crash or display errors. One such error is QuickBooks error C 343. You might end up getting the QB error code C 343 when your QuickBooks application has some compatibility issues with your operating system. This error restricts the users from using the QB application on windows. Thus this needs to be eradicated so that users can use it freely. That is the reason why we have drafted this article. It will help you understand the main causes that trigger the QuickBooks error C 343, along with its troubleshooting steps.
Let us dive deep into the article to understand QuickBooks abort error C 343.
QuickBooks error C 343: Explanation and Error Message
You face the error message related to QuickBooks error C 343 when your software is incompatible with the current version of Windows OS on your system. The error message for QB error C 343 will be displayed as,
“Unexpected error: An error has occurred in QuickBooks.
Please restart QuickBooks to try again. If you continue to experience this error, please note the C= value and contact . C=343”
You may also face a similar error but with a different error message saying, “ C=343 [filename].dll is not an executable file?” The reason behind its occurrence can be any fault in the installation file (.dll). Reinstalling the application can, however, solve the error C343 with such an error message.
The QuickBooks error code C 343 mostly appears when you try to open the QuickBooks Desktop application, but the file is not executable. A simple solution to avoid any circumstances facing this error is to get a regular update of the QuickBooks desktop software. However, if you are already facing the issue, read the next part for the causes and solutions.
QuickBooks error C 343: Causes that trigger it.
QuickBooks abort error C 343 belongs to the category of the C= XXX error series that are generally triggered by the following reasons:
- Using an outdated or discontinued version of the QB desktop application.
- An older version of the Windows operating system can also trigger the QuickBooks error C 343.
- Corrupted or damaged QB company files can cause the QuickBooks error C 343 to appear.
- When any file is damaged or missing, the QuickBooks error C 3443 can appear.
- Damaged, corrupted or missing Microsoft core XML services.dll files can also trigger the QuickBooks error C 343.
Read Also- How to Convert QuickBooks Desktop to Online
QuickBooks error C 343: Solutions to fix it.
One very common troubleshooting resolution to fix the QuickBooks error C 343 is to update the QB Desktop application to the latest version. The other solutions to fix it are given below:
Solution 1: Register the MSXML.DII files in your system.
The MSXML.DII focuses on the installation of Windows products and is not related to an Intuit product. But, it can easily be integrated with the QuickBooks Desktop to resolve any issues related to it.
Steps for 32-bit system
- First, you need to open the Run command window and go to its search area.
- In the search bar, enter Regsvr32 MSXML.dll and click OK.
- If you have successfully registered the file, you will see a message displayed on the screen saying Succeed. The message will say DllRegisterServer in C:\[Windows Folder]\system32\MSXML[Number].dll succeed.
- Right after getting the message saying succeed, you need to restart your system.
Steps for 64-bit system
- Start the same; open the Run Command Window and go to its search area.
- There, in the search area, enter the text cmd and hit Enter to open the Command prompt window.
- Now, give the command CD-Windows-syswow64 and hit OK.
- Next, type Regsvr 32 MSXML3.dll and then hit the Enter button on your keyboard.
- Again, you need to type Regsvr 32 MSXML4.dll and hit the Enter button on your keyboard.
- Once both files are registered, you need to restart your QuickBooks Application.
Solution 2: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool to fix the QB error C 343.
Follow the given two-step procedure to follow this resolution.
Step one is to download the QuickBooks tools hub program.
- Close your QuickBooks desktop application and then download the recent version of QuickBooks from a trusted site.
- Then, save the downloaded file to the location where you can easily find it.
- Next, you need to open the downloaded file, which would be named QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Then, install the tool on your system by following the on-screen steps and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- Double-click the tool hub icon to open it once the installation completes.
Step two is to run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the QB tools hub.
- Once the Quickbooks Tool hub gets successfully installed, open it and go to the Installation Issues tab.
- Then, select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool option and let the tool run.
- Remember the Diagnostic Tool will take time as per your internet speed and PC execution. The time could go up to around 20 min.
- Lastly, ensure that all the components are properly updated and then reboot the system when done with all the steps.
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks in the safe mode to fix the QuickBooks error C 343
- Start by pressing the Ctrl key on your keyboard and then double-clicking on the QuickBooks icon.
- This will cause QuickBooks to open in safe mode with multiple company files.
- Next, you need to click on the file option.
- Now, select the open file option and browse through the documents.
- Next, run the Verify and Rebuild Data Tool if your QuickBooks opens but the new company file doesn’t. For that-
- Go to the choose File option.
- Then navigate to the file operations.
- And click on the Verify Rebuild option.
Solution 4: Use Clean Install Tool to fix the QuickBooks error C 343.
If you still face the same QuickBooks abort error C 343, then you can use the clean install tool to rectify the error. However, always remember to back up your data file in a secure place before proceeding ahead. And then, follow the given steps to run the tool and fix the error.
- First, uninstall the QuickBooks desktop on your system.
- First, press the Windows + R keys to pop up the Run window.
- Next, move to the control panel and hit OK.
- Now, you need to choose the Program and Features tab there.
- Next, go to the Programs list and find QuickBooks there and there, and click on the Uninstall option.
- Follow the instructions given in the prompts to finish the process.
- The next step involves Renaming the installation folder.
- First, download and install the QuickBooks clean install tool.
- Then, open the QuickBooks clean install exe by clicking on it.
- Next, click on the box before I accept that is written on the license agreement.
- Now, select the QB desktop version and then press the Continue tab.
- At last, hit the OK when QuickBooks is ready to do a clean install message appears on your screen.
- Then move ahead and rename the QuickBooks desktop installation folders manually.
- The last step involves re-installing the QuickBooks desktop on your system.
Solution 5: Uninstall and reinstall MSXML.dll files to fix the QB error C 343
- The first step in this process requires you to open the download page of the Microsoft Core XML file and then look for the files.
- Then you need to install the downloaded files on your system.
- After that, click twice on the MSXML.MSI file and then, with the detailed instructions displayed on the screen, complete the process.
- In the last step, reboot your QuickBooks and check if the error is resolved.
Solution 6: Disable Windows Compatibility Mode for QBW32.exe file to fix the QuickBooks error C 343
- First, navigate to the QuickBooks installation folder and locate the QBW32.exe file.
- There inside the folder C:\ Program Files (x86)”—usually C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Intuit\ QuickBooks, you will find the file.
- Once you locate the file, click right on the QBW32.exe file and then select the Properties option.
- Browse to the Compatibility section; you need to uncheck this program in compatibility mode for the checkbox.
- If it is not already checked, make sure to do it and then select OK.
- Now, try to run your QB once again and check if the QuickBooks error C 343 is resolved.
Solution 7: Repair damaged QuickBooks Company File to fix the QB error C 343.
If you have downloaded the QuickbooksTool Hub in solution number 2, then you can also use its File Doctor to resolve any issue with the company file.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by clicking on its icon.
- Now, go to the Company File Issues tab and then select the QuickBooks File Doctor option.
- Next, choose your company file using the Browse option and mark the Check File Damage Only option.
- Lastly, click on the Diagnose File option and let the tool identify and resolve the issues in your company file.
The Final Quotes!
If the QB error C 343 still persists, you can also try to resolve it manually. For that, first, re-register all the needed files or folders while running the QB accounting software. Next, you need to reboot your system and check if the issue is resolved or not. You can also try to download and reinstall Microsoft’s code XML services. Also, remember to update to the latest version of the Windows Operating System. If it still persists, make quick contact with our QuickBooks experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Facing the QuickBooks error C 343 basically means that there is some compatibility issue between Quickbooks and the Windows Operating system on your device.
QuickBooks error C 343 can be triggered for the following reasons:
1. Am an outdated or discontinued version of QB.
2. an Older version of Windows OS.
3. Corrupted or damaged company files.
4. Damaged, corrupted, or missing Microsoft core XML files.
The solutions that help you resolve the QuickBooks error C 343 are:
1. Registering the MSXML.DII files in your device.
2. Using QuickBooks Tool Hub.
3. Disabling Windows Compatibility Mode for QuickBooks QBW32.exe file.