Do you want to start utilizing QuickBooks for your business or do you currently have it? Are you using the most recent QuickBooks desktop version or an older one for your business accounting needs? Don’t be confused. Now, Upgrade your old QuickBooks Desktop to the recent QuickBooks Desktop 2021 and get additional features such as improved bank feeds, new receipt management features, rule-based customer groups, and so on. You must be wondering “How to Download & Install latest QuickBooks Desktop 2021?”. Here is an easy procedure to download and install your QuickBooks.
Looking for easy ways to download & Install Latest QuickBooks Desktop 2021? We have mentioned detailed steps to Download latest QuickBooks Desktop 2021, If you still find any difficulty I would suggest you to reach out to our experts at +1(855)-955-1942, and they will help you fix your issue without losing any data.
Latest Features That QuickBooks Desktop 2021 Offers
Automated Statements: This feature is to remind payments of your customers.
Customized Payment Receipts: Custom templates can be created and customized using this feature for such forms- invoices, sales receipts, estimates, statements, and purchase orders.
Receipt Management: This is a new feature in QB Desktop 2021. If you use this feature, Your expense receipts enters easily.
Data Level Permission: This is also a new feature that gives restricted access for your users and roles created.
Create Customer Groups: If you want to find all customers that match a certain criteria, you must create customer groups.
Improved Bank Feeds: Introducing a new feature – Advanced online banking in which you can review your bank transactions and also match them to the existing ones in your books or you can add new ones easily.
Important: If you are upgrading the QB Application, You must create QuickBooks Backup Company File(s) before you start QuickBooks Application. If you created .QBB extension file backup, You can also save or store it in any external hard drive or device.
System Requirement to Download & Install QuickBooks Desktop 2021
Like every computer software, QuickBooks Desktop 2021 requires some basic things to work efficiently on an operating software. Here is a quick guide on helpful info on the Operating systems, hardware, software and other requirements to run QuickBooks Desktop 2021 smoothly.
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed.
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1), all editions, including 64-bit, natively installed.
- Windows Server 2016 or 2019, Standard & Essentials.
- Windows Server 2012 R2.
Note: Microsoft no longer provides security updates or support for PCs running Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008. Thus, you must upgrade your operating system to a supported version before installing QuickBooks to keep your data secure.
|Windows (natively installed)||Windows Server 2016Windows Server 2012 R2Windows Server 2011|
Note: Windows Small Business Server 2011 is not compatible with QuickBooks Desktop.
Windows 10Windows 8.1 (Update 1)
|Linux (when using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Database Server-only installation)||OpenSuse 42.3Fedora 27Red Hat Enterprise 7 (RHEL 7.4)|
Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit)
Hardware and Operating System Requirements (client and server)
|RAM||4GB minimum, 8GB Server RAM Requirements|
1-5 Users: 8GB RAM10 Users: 12GB RAM15 Users: 16GB RAM20 Users: 20+GB RAM
|Disk space||2.5GB of disk space|
|Windows||US version of WindowsRegional settings must be set to English. Administrator rights are required for the server computer when hosting multi-user access. Natively installed|
|Optical Drive||4X DVD-ROM drive required for CD installations|
|Screen Resolution||Display optimized for 1280 x 1024 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 extended monitors.|
Easy Methods To Download QuickBooks Desktop 2021?
To begin the download process, go to the Downloads & Updates page to get the download link for your version of QuickBooks. There, you’ll have two options:
- To log in as a ProAdvisor: As a ProAdvisor, log into your QuickBooks ProAdvisor Center to download your software.
- To login as an Accountant: Whereas, being an Accountant, log into your CAMPS to download the QB software.
After logging in, you have to download the installation file to complete the download process by following the below-given steps:
- Firstly, select your country, product, and QuickBooks version from the Downloads & Updates page.
- Then, click on download.
Note: As a ProAdvisor, Click on Details to get the license and product number after clicking on download.
Moreover, if you have already downloaded the QuickBooks desktop application but it’s of an older version. Then, you must update it as per the latest release to avail the new features.
Here is How To Install QuickBooks Desktop 2021
After you have downloaded the QuickBooks desktop executable file, you can install and run it to avail of its best features.
Step 1: Find Your QuickBooks Product and License Number
- When you have subscribed to a monthly or annual product subscription: In this scenario, you must have received an email that includes your QuickBooks Desktop license number and product code. Make sure to check your spam mail folder if you haven’t received this email.
- If you purchased QuickBooks from Intuit’s website and then downloaded it: You will get the license number and product code in the confirmation email.
- If bought QuickBooks Desktop from a retail store: The license number and product code is mentioned in the inside panel of the folder in which the CD is saved.
- If you’re reinstalling the QB application: The information would be mentioned in the Customer Account Management Portal.
- When you have lost your license or product number: If that’s the scenario, you can get in touch with our expert, they will help you recover it.
Now, you can proceed with the installation process by following the below-listed steps:
Step 2: Install QuickBooks Desktop Software from the Downloaded .exe file
- Firstly, open the downloaded QuickBooks.exe file.
- After that, follow the instructions that appear on your screen. Then, accept the software license agreement and click on Next.
- Now, enter your Product and License numbers and click on Next.
Step 3: Decide which Install Type is Right for you
Once you have installed QuickBooks, two options will appear on your screen: Express install or custom & network.
- Express install: If you meet the below-given factors, You must opt for the express install If you’re using the QuickBooks application for the first time or you want to reinstall QuickBooks or You might have planned to use QuickBooks on the workstation that is not part of a network of computers.
- To begin, select Express followed by Next.
- Then, click on Install.
- When the install process completes, try to open the QuickBooks application.
- Custom and Network install: We would suggest you go for a custom install if you have installed QuickBooks other than the default location (such as on a server) or When you host your company files on a server or Set up a multi-user network.
- Firstly, select Custom and Network Options and click on Next.
- Choose the option that explains how you’ll use QuickBooks.
- Then, click on the Change the install location on the next screen.
- Click on Browse to decide the location of your QuickBooks folder, preferably the Programs folder.
- Now, click on Next to begin the install process.
- Open the QuickBooks application when the install process completes.
If you see an error, we’re here to help. Here’s how to Fix QuickBooks Desktop install errors.
Step 4: Finally Activate QuickBooks Desktop
Right after you install QuickBooks, you need to activate and update the QuickBooks Desktop application. To activate, you must follow the below-given steps:
- Open the QuickBooks application and go to the Help menu. From there, select the Activate QuickBooks Desktop option.
- After that, verify the information by following the steps that appear on your screen.
- Once the steps end, QuickBooks will be activated, and you will be able to use QuickBooks.
Need Help with Download & Install QuickBooks Desktop 2021?
We have tried our best to help you Download & Install QuickBooks Desktop 2021 by providing a step-by-step guide. However, if you get stuck while following any of the above-mentioned steps, we would recommend you to take the assistance of our experts by dialing our QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Toll-Free Number +1(855)-955-1942. We are available 24X7 to provide you with the best customer support.
QuickBooks Desktop Downloading FAQs
If all you need to do is update QuickBooks, you must update QuickBooks Desktop as per the latest available version.
You cannot download the versions of QuickBooks Desktop versions that are too old. It’s not sure if the older software will run on newer systems.
You can move the desktop version of QB to another computer with the help of the QuickBooks migrator tool.
Open the QuickBooks Desktop and press the F2 key. Go to the Product Information window and look for your product name, product number, and license number. The release date would be mentioned at the end of the product name.