The Runtime error R6025 QuickBooks takes place when you try to run a particular application or a process and it shuts down unexpectedly. When it occurs, the following error message appears on your screen: “Pure virtual function call” with error code R6025. It mainly occurs by calling a virtual function in an abstract base class through a pointer which is created by a cast to the type of the derived class, but is actually a pointer to the base class. Most probably the reason for this error can be an internal problem in the app or a corrupted/ incorrect installation. Also, it is related to the Visual C++ Framework, so a missing Visual C++ package can be another reason for the same. Well, surely you have to resolve it at the earliest. To help you with that, we have mentioned the troubleshooting solutions ahead in this blog.
Looking for ways that can help you resolve QB error code R6025 without risking your company data? Get in touch with our experts by giving us a call on our Toll-Free Number +1-(855)-955-1942.
Troubleshooting Methods To Resolve QuickBooks Runtime Error R6025
Below we have listed some of the effective solutions that can help you fix Virtual Runtime Error:
Method 1: Repair the app using Apps & features
One of the causes of Runtime error R6025 is corrupted installation, thus, you must first try to repair the application. For that, you can use the inbuilt Apps & Features module in Windows 10 and then, proceed with the below-given steps:
- Simultaneously press Windows + I key to open the Settings app.
- Click on the Apps category and go to the Apps & features tab.
- From the right section, scroll down to the faulty app and click on it.
- Select the Advanced options tab, and select Repair or Reset option from the Window that opens up.
- Now, Windows will attempt to repair the program that caused runtime error R6025.
- Once the app is repaired, check if the error R6025 persists or not.
Alternatively, you can go to the Control Panel and use Programs and Features to repair the app.
Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall the app
If the repair option doesn’t work, you can consider uninstalling the program that is causing the ‘QuickBooks Runtime Error terminate unusual way’. Then, reinstall the app on your system.
- Simply go to the Apps & Features section and click on the problematic app. From there, select the Uninstall option.
- Once the program is uninstalled, reinstall it using its installation file.
Read Also- How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6094
Method 3: Check Windows Updates
Windows Update is included in the Control Panel. Therefore, to check for updates you must proceed with the below-given steps:
- Click on the Windows icon and click on All Programs.
- And then, click on Windows Update.
Method 4: Remove and reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libraries
Follow the below-given steps to uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++:
- Go to the Windows Control Panel (or Add or Remove Programs for Windows XP) and open the Programs and Features.
Note: For non-Windows XP system type, click on the Windows icon and type programs and features in the search field.
- In the search field at the top right, type in c++ redist.
- Uninstall everything that shows Microsoft Visual C++ and Redistributable.
- Download and install all of the following:
Method 5: For Design X and/or Control X reset the software to defaults
- Right-click the file name and select Run as Administrator.
- Go to C:\Program Files\3D systems\(Product Name)\License and run ResetOption.exe.
- Mark both Clean the My Document folder and Clean Registry checkbox.
- After that, click on Clean followed by Yes in all the dialog boxes that appear.
- At last, click on X to close the dialog box and re-launch the application
Method 6: Check for an updated version of the app
It is always recommended to keep your software updated as per the latest release to avoid operational or compatibility issues. Therefore, whenever you find an updated version of a program, install it instantly on your system. Alternatively, you may visit the official website of Intuit to check if there is any software update available.
Need Expert’s Assistance To Fix QuickBooks Runtime error R6025!
Hopefully, the resolution methods mentioned in this blog would assist you in rectifying Runtime error R6025 QuickBooks without much trouble. However, if even after following the troubleshooting solutions, the error persists, then you can always reach us by dialing QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942 for immediate help and support.