Intuit releases new services and security patches with every update, and thus users should keep their QB applications up to date. However, sometimes users are unable to update their application due to QuickBooks error 15103. This error arises when you try to update the QuickBooks application or payroll updates. There are multiple reasons that can lead to this error, such as damage in your application, presence of sky sweeper antivirus, internet issues, etc. Read the entire article to fix this error instantly.
Facing problems while updating your application due to QuickBooks error code 15103? Reach out to an expert at +1-(855)-955-1942, and they can guide you on how to fix it.
Causes and Solutions for QuickBooks Error 15103
Problems with your internet services, Windows system, and application can lead to QuickBooks Error 15103. We have listed down 3 primary reasons for this error with their respective solutions:
Cause 1: Incorrect Internet Explorer Configuration
QuickBooks use Internet Explorer in the background to run online services. Unfavourable Internet Explorer settings can be one possible reason for QuickBooks update error 15103 as it directly affects the downloading process for the application.
Solution: Change Internet Explorer Settings
You need to make changes in your Internet Explorer settings and make it favourable for QuickBooks to run it. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Run Internet Explorer on your system.
- Click on the gear icon and then select Internet Options.
- Go to Security tab, select Trusted Sites and click on Sites
- Add following websites:-
- For US version of QuickBooks: *.quickbooks.com or *.intuit.com.
- For Canadian version of QuickBooks: *.quickbooks.ca or *.intuit.ca.
- Then click on the Apply button and then press OK.
- Click on the close button.
Cause 2: Incomplete or Damaged Installation of QuickBooks
Many times an error occurs while installing the QuickBooks application which may not affect the whole application but only a few features. QuickBooks Desktop Error 15103 might occur due to incomplete installation or using a damaged file to install QuickBooks.
Solution: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
Users need to reinstall QuickBooks on their system from a different installation file. Firstly, create a backup of your company file and then follow these steps:-
- Press the Windows Start button, type in the Control Panel, and press Enter.
- Click on Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop from the list that you have to uninstall.
- Tap on Uninstall/Change and then click Remove. Tap on Next.
NOTE: Log off and then log back in from an admin profile if you don’t see this option.
- Now use the clean install tool.
- Download the installer file for your version of QuickBooks Desktop and save it on your system.
- Now double click on it and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation process.
Cause 3: The Digital Signature Certificates Damaged or Unavailable
Your QuickBooks Digital Signature is required to be installed in your windows registry in order to update the application. Damaged or Unavailable digital signature is one possible reason for QuickBooks error 15103.
Solution: Install Digital Signature Manually
Generally, this process is undertaken during the installation of an application. You can view and manually install it on your system by following these steps:
- Press the windows start button and search QBW32.exe or navigate to C:\Program File\ Intuit\ QuickBooks and find QBW32.exe.
- Right-click on it and Select properties.
- Now go to the Digital Signature tab and ensure that Intuit inc. is selected in the signature list.
- Click on details and then on Digital Signature Details.
- Click on View certificate and then Install Certificate in the certificate window.
- Keep clicking on Next until Finish pop-up and then finally click on Finish.
- Now reboot your system and try updating your application.
Allow Experts to fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 15103!
So this has been all about QuickBooks error 15103. Try running your application as an administrator when you are updating your application as it grants certain permissions and diverts extra resources toward the application. If you are still facing this error and need a solution, reach out to an expert at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Team +1-(855)-955-1942 and they will fix it for you.