QuickBooks relies on Microsoft Outlook as its primary email manager for sending emails through the QuickBooks Desktop. However, many users frequently encounter issues when attempting to send emails. These users often encounter an error message in their QuickBooks Desktop indicating that QuickBooks Outlook is Not Responding. This error typically arises from incorrect email configurations and can restrict you from sending emails to clients and customers. If you are currently struggling with the issue of QuickBooks desktop being unable to send emails to Outlook and receiving the “Not Responding” error, we have solutions for you. In this comprehensive article, we will provide a step-by-step guide to resolving the error. Additionally, we will explore the possible causes of this error and offer troubleshooting steps to help get rid of the it.
What Does QuickBooks Email Outlook is Not Responding Error Mean?
The error message that appears on your screen when QuickBooks Outlook does not Respond states: “Error: QuickBooks is unable to send email through Outlook. Close any open Outlook windows and try again.” This error occurs when there is an incompatibility between Outlook and QuickBooks, resulting in a malfunction of the webmail feature and preventing users from sending emails. Several reasons can trigger this error and can cause your application to crash. Therefore, it is crucial to close all Outlook windows when encountering the QuickBooks Enterprise Outlook is not responding error. However, it is important to address and resolve this issue in time to avoid bigger issues. Before doing so, let’s explore the underlying reasons behind this error.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Is Unable to Send Emails to Outlook Error
The most common reason behind the occurrence of “Outlook is not Responding” Error in QuickBooks is the misconfigured settings of Outlook email or Internet Explorer preferences. Other reasons, like damaged installation, default settings, etc., can also trigger the same outlook not responding error. These reasons are given below:
- Faulty email settings in QuickBooks.
- The improper installation process of the QuickBooks Desktop application on your system.
- Having a corrupted or damaged installation process of the QB desktop application can also trigger the error.
- Default settings of email in Windows or Internet Explorer can also result in QuickBooks Outlook is not responding error.
- If you are running the QuickBooks application but not utilizing the Windows OS administrator account, then you may encounter this error.
- Corruption or damage in the MAP132 .dll file is an email configuration document.
- When the Microsoft Outlook application is already running in the background, you try sending an email via QuickBooks. You may face this error.
- Improper installation of the Outlook application can also result in this error.
How to check if Outlook is not responding when trying to send from QuickBooks?
As there can be multiple reasons why your Outlook is not responding to QB. Thus, you need to be 100 percent sure that you are facing the QuickBooks Freezes When Trying to Email Invoice. And then proceed ahead with troubleshooting steps. Following are the ways you can identify the error in your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Outlook on your system continues to reconnect.
- QB screen turns white and becomes unresponsive while trying to send emails through Outlook.
- Both QB and Outlook crash simultaneously and then reopen again automatically.
- The mail you try to send bounces back to your mailbox instead of getting delivered.
- Some buttons in both Outlook and QB do not work and turn grey.
Points to Follow Before Resolving the QuickBooks Outlook is not Responding Issue
Before moving forward with the troubleshooting methods, you must take two important steps. One is to make modifications to the system’s settings, and the other involves updating to the recent version of MS Office 365. Read below the steps to do it.
Step 1: Making Modifications to the System’s Settings
- First, open the QB Desktop application.
- Then, click on the F2 key, followed by the F3 key, to open the Help window.
- After that, you need to navigate to the Open File tab and open the QBW.INI file from the available list.
- After the file opens in Notepad, add a new line at the bottom of the text.
- Then click on the File option and save it.
- After you have saved the file, close the Notepad and restart your QuickBooks desktop.
Step 2: Updating to the latest version of MS Office 365
- First, open Outlook on your screen, then click on the File tab.
- Then go to the Office account and select the About Outlook button.
- You need to check if the latest release of the build gets displayed on your screen.
- If not, you need to update. Then click on the Update options followed by the Update Now button.
- Lastly, try to access QuickBooks and mail your transactions or reports using Outlook.
If the QuickBooks outlook is not responding error still persists on your screen, follow the given troubleshooting steps to fix it.
Best Troubleshooting Methods to Fix the QuickBooks Email Outlook is Not Responding Error
To fix this QuickBooks Email Outlook is Not Responding Error error, you can try to ensure that the QB is not running as administrator, Repair the MAPI32.dll File, and end all the QB background processes through the task manager. The details for these processes are given below.
Method 1: Ensure that QuickBooks is Set to Run as Administrator.
- Start by clicking right on the QuickBooks Desktop icon and going to its Properties section.
- Then, you need to first go to the Compatibility tab. Then mark the box beside the Run this Program as Administrator checkbox under the Privilege Level section.
- If the option is already checked, then simply click Apply and hit OK.
- After following the above steps, restart your computer and check if the problem is solved.
If you still face the same QuickBooks Sending Email through Outlook is not Responding error while sending an email through QB desktop, then jump to the next solution.
Method 2: Verify the Email Preferences for your QuickBooks
- First, start by opening QuickBooks, and then under the Edit tab, click on Preferences, followed by Send Forms.
- Then, go to the My Preferences tab and then select the option Send email using and click OK.
- After that, once again, hit on the Edit tab and then hit Preferences.
- Next, click on the Send Forms option and then navigate to the My Preferences tab.
- Then, click on the QuickBooks Email and hit OK.
- Move ahead and then Select Edit, followed by Preferences.
- There, choose the Outlook option and tap on the OK button.
- Next, quit the QuickBooks and Outlook application.
- Lastly, you need to restart your Windows and try to send emails using QuickBooks once again.
Check Also- Methods to Solve QuickBooks Desktop Won’t open
Method 3: Check and Verify Email Preferences in Internet Explorer
- First of all, close all your company files and shut down QuickBooks.
- Then go to Internet Explorer by pressing Windows + R and searching Explorer in the Run box.
- After that, you need to visit the Tools menu; from the Program Tab and select Internet Options.
- Here, you have to ensure that the default email program is set to Outlook. If any other is chosen as default, then make the necessary changes and set Outlook as default.
- After that, hit the Apply button and then press OK.
- Now, close Internet Explorer and open QuickBooks again.
- Try to send an email via QuickBooks; if the problem persists, check out another troubleshooting method.
Method 4: Check and Repair the Damaged MAPI32.dll File to Fix the Error.
MAPI file, the Messaging Application Programming Interface file, is a Microsoft component. It helps in making smooth communication between MS Office and QuickBooks Desktop applications. However, sometimes, it may get damaged and can result in QuickBooks Outlook problems. Here is how you can resolve this issue by repairing the MAPI file.
- First, close any running application on your Windows.
- Then, go to the Windows File Manager and look for the C:\ Windows\ System32 folder.
- After that, you need to locate and click twice on the Fixmapi.exe file.
- If you can not locate the file in Windows Explorer, you can search for it manually.
- After that, wait till the tool automatically repairs your MAPI32.dll file.
- Then, restart your PC open QuickBooks and try sending an email.
Read Also- How to Convert QuickBooks Desktop to Online
Method 5: Repair QB Desktop and Outlook Application to fix “Outlook is not responding” Error in QuickBooks.
- You can also try to Repair your QuickBooks Desktop application to fix the Outlook error.
- If the QB Desktop repair does not resolve the QuickBooks Outlook is not responding error, you need to download the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool to fix the Microsoft Outlook installation.
Note: In case you suspect that the error is occurring due to some corruption in the Outlook application, then you need to install a fresh copy of Outlook on your Windows system.
If you still face the same QuickBooks Outlook is not responding error, you need to reinstall the QB application. Follow the next-mentioned methods to do so.
Method 6: Reinstall QuickBooks to fix the QuickBooks Outlook Problem.
We only recommend you try this method when utterly necessary, as you can lose your company life data. Also, you have to reset all your preferences and settings once the software gets reinstalled. So follow the given steps to reinstall QuickBooks on your system.
- From the Start menu, go to the Control Panel and select the Program and Features tab.
- Then, choose the Uninstall a Program option.
- After that, select QuickBooks from the option and then click on Uninstall /Change.
- Next, follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the QB software.
- After uninstalling, download the setup for QuickBooks Desktop from the official website.
- Then, launch the setup and accept the terms and conditions.
- Then, select the Location where the program would be installed.
- Next, choose the Express Install option.
- Follow the instructions given on-screen to install the program successfully and hit the Finish button at last.
The Ending Note!!
We hope that the steps mentioned above will help you rectify the QuickBooks Outlook is not responding error. However, for now, if you are still not able to rectify it due to some unknown reasons, you can send emails through webmail. And to get more assistance regarding QuickBooks Outlook errors, contact our support experts at +1-(855)-955-1942.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: Your QuickBooks may show the QuickBooks Outlook is not responding error if you have some misconfigured settings of Outlook or Internet Explorer on your device.
Ans: To edit the email settings on your QB, go to the Edit menu and select Preferences, followed by choosing Send Forms. After that, open My Preferences check the Webmail Radio button, and then click on Add. Then, add your email information and hit OK to save your preferences.
Ans: QuickBooks email issues can block you from sending invoices or statements via QuickBooks. To fix this, you can opt for different troubleshooting guides, including not running QB as administrator, changing email preferences, and using Internet Explorer as the default browser.
Ans: You can send emails through webmail by going to the Edit tab and then to Preferences. After that, from the left side panel, hit the Send Forms option and click Change Preferences. Select the WebMail Providers (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) option under the Send Email Using option. Now, fill in the required information and add your email account. After that, you can send the emails using this account after logging in.