QuickBooks uses Microsoft Outlook as a primary email manager for sending emails through QuickBooks Desktop. However, the majority of the time, most of the users face issues while sending emails. Their QB Desktop displays the error saying that QuickBooks outlook is not responding error. It occurs due to the wrong email configuration and can restrict you from sending emails to your clients and customers. If you are also struggling with QuickBooks sending email through outlook is not responding issue, then we have a solution for you. Follow the complete article to learn about the QuickBooks outlook not responding error. We have also discussed its reasons along with the troubleshooting steps.
Need expert’s help to solve QuickBooks Outlook Is Not Responding issue? Talk to our professionals at +1-(855)-955-1942 and get your issue resolved in minimum time.
What does the error message for QuickBooks outlook is not responding error say?
The error message that pops up on the user’s screen says that Error: QuickBooks is unable to send email through outlook. Close any open Outlook windows and try again. It basically appears when Outlook and QuickBooks are not compatible with each other. And this leads to malfunctioning issues in the webmail restricting users from sending mail. The error can be triggered due to many reasons and can crash the application on arrival. So, make sure to close all the Outlook windows upon the appearance of Quickbooks enterprise outlook is not responding error. However, it is important to monitor and resolve the issue. But first, let us learn about the reasons behind the QuickBooks outlook is not responding error.
What are the main reasons behind the QuickBooks outlook is not responding error?
The most common reason behind the occurrence of QuickBooks outlook is not responding error is the misconfigured settings of Outlook email or Internet Explorer preferences. Other reasons, like damaged installation, default settings, etc., can also trigger the same outlook not responding error. These reasons are given below:
- Faulty email settings in QuickBooks.
- The improper installation process of the QuickBooks Desktop application on your system.
- Having a corrupted or damaged installation process of the QB desktop application can also trigger the error.
- Default settings of email in windows or internet explorer can also result in QuickBooks outlook is not responding error.
- If you are running the QuickBooks application but not utilizing the Windows OS administrator account.
- Corruption or damage in the MAP132 .dll file is an email configuration document.
- When the Microsoft Outlook application is already running in the background, and you try to send an email via QuickBooks. You may face the QuickBooks error message outlook is not responding.
- Improper installation of the Outlook application can also result in this error.
How to check if outlook is not responding when trying to send from QuickBooks?
As there can be multiple reasons why your outlook is not responding to QB. Thus, you need to be 100 percent sure that you are facing the QuickBooks outlook is not responding error. And then proceed ahead with troubleshooting steps. Following are the ways you can identify the error in your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Outlook on your system continues to reconnect.
- QB screen turns white and becomes unresponsive while trying to send emails through Outlook.
- Both QB and Outlook crash simultaneously and then reopen again automatically.
- The mail you try to send bounces back to your mailbox instead of getting delivered.
- Some buttons in both Outlook and QB do not work and turn grey.
Points to Follow before Resolving the QuickBooks outlook is not responding?
Before moving forward with the troubleshooting methods, you must take two important steps. One is to make modifications to the system’s settings, and the other involves updating to the recent version of MS Office 365. Read below the steps to do it.
Step 1: Making Modifications to the System’s Settings
- First, open the QB Desktop application.
- Then, click on the F2 key, followed by the F3 key, to open the Help window.
- After that, you need to navigate to the Open File tab and open the QBW.INI file from the available list.
- After the file opens in Notepad, add a new line at the bottom of the text.
- Then click on the File option and save it.
- After you have saved the file, close the Notepad and restart your QuickBooks desktop.
Step 2: Updating to the latest version of MS Office 365
- First, open Outlook on your screen, then click on the File tab.
- Then go to the Office account and select the About Outlook button.
- You need to check if the latest release of the build gets displayed on your screen.
- If not, you need to update. Then click on the Update options followed by the Update Now button.
- Lastly, try to access QuickBooks and mail your transactions or report using Outlook.
If the QuickBooks outlook is not responding error still persists on your screen, follow the given troubleshooting steps to fix it.
Best Troubleshooting Methods to fix the QuickBooks Outlook Is Not Responding Error
To fix this QuickBooks outlook is not responding error, you can try to ensure that the QB is not running as administrator, Repair the MAPI32.dll File, and end all the QB background processes through the task manager. The details for these processes are given below.
Method 1: Ensure that QuickBooks is Set to Run as Administrator.
- Start by clicking right on the QuickBooks Desktop icon and going to its Properties section.
- Then, you need to first go to the Compatibility tab. Then mark the box beside the Run this Program as Administrator checkbox under the Privilege Level section.
- If the option is already checked, then simply click Apply and hit OK.
- After following the above step, restart your computer and check if the problem is solved.
If you still face the same QuickBooks outlook is not responding error while sending an email through QB desktop, then jump to the next solution.
Still Confused? Talk to Our Professionals.
Give us a call at +1-(855)-955-1942
Method 2: Verify the Email Preferences for your QuickBooks
- First, start by opening QuickBooks and then under the Edit tab, click on Preferences, followed by Send Forms.
- Then, go to the My Preferences tab and then select the option Send email using and click OK.
- After that, once again, hit on the Edit tab and then hit Preferences.
- Next, click on the Send Forms option and then navigate to the My Preferences tab.
- Then, click on the QuickBooks Email and hit OK.
- Move ahead and then Select Edit, followed by Preferences.
- There, choose the Outlook option and tap on the OK button.
- Next, quit the QuickBooks and Outlook application.
- Lastly, you need to restart your Windows and try to send emails using QuickBooks once again.
Check Also- Methods to Solve QuickBooks Desktop Won’t open
Method 3: Check and Verify Email Preferences in Internet Explorer
- First of all, close all your company files and shut down QuickBooks.
- Then go to Internet Explorer by pressing Windows + R and searching explorer in the Run box.
- After that, you need to visit the Tools menu; from the Program Tab and select Internet Options.
- Here, you have to ensure that the default email program is set to Outlook. If any other is chosen as default, then make the necessary changes and set Outlook as default.
- After that, hit the Apply button and then press OK.
- Now, close Internet Explorer and open QuickBooks again.
- Try to send an email via QuickBooks; if the problem persists, check out another troubleshooting method.
Method 4: Check, and Repair the Damaged MAPI32.dll File to fix QuickBooks outlook is not responding error.
MAPI file, the Messaging Application Programming Interface file, is a Microsoft component. It helps in making smooth communication between MS Office and QuickBooks Desktop applications. However, sometimes, it may get damaged and can result in QuickBooks Outlook problems. Here is how you can resolve this issue by repairing the MAPI file.
- First, close any running application on your Windows.
- Then, go to the Windows File Manager and look for the C:\ Windows\ System32 folder.
- After that, you need to locate and click twice on the Fixmapi.exe file.
- If you can not locate the file in Windows Explorer, you can search for it manually.
- After that, wait till the tool automatically repairs your MAPI32.dll file.
- Then, restart your PC and open QuickBooks and try sending an email.
Read Also- How to Convert QuickBooks Desktop to Online
Method 5: Repair QB Desktop and Outlook Application to fix QuickBooks outlook is not responding error.
- You can also try to repair your QuickBooks Desktop application to fix the Outlook error.
- If the QB DEsktop repair does not resolve the QuickBooks outlook is not responding error, you need to download the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool to fix the Microsoft Outlook installation.
Note: In case you suspect that the error is occurring due to some corruption in the Outlook application, then you need to install a fresh copy of Outlook on your Windows system.
If you still face the same QuickBooks outlook is not responding error, you need to reinstall the QB application. Follow the next-mentioned methods to do so.
Method 5: Reinstall QuickBooks to fix the QuickBooks Outlook Problem.
We only recommend you try this method when utterly necessary, as you can lose your company life data. Also, you have to reset all your preferences and settings once the software gets reinstalled. So follow the given steps to reinstall QuickBooks on your system.
- From the Start menu, go to the Control Panel and select the Program and Features tab.
- Then choose the Uninstall a Program option.
- After that, select QuickBooks from the option and then click on Uninstall /Change.
- Next, follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the QB software.
- After uninstalling, download the setup for QuickBooks Desktop from the official website.
- Then launch the setup and accept the terms and conditions.
- Then, select the Location where the program would be installed.
- Next, choose the Express Install option.
- And follow the instructions given on-screen to install the program successfully and hit the Finish button at last.
Still having issues? Call us at +1-(855)-955-1942
The Ending Note!!
We hope that the steps mentioned above will help you rectify the QuickBooks outlook is not responding error. However, if you are still not able to rectify it due to some unknown reasons, you can send emails through webmail. QuickBooks uses three ways to send emails, i.e., Outlook email, Outlook, or Webmail. So for sending emails through webmail, go to the Edit tab and then to Preferences. After that, from the left side panel, tap on the Send Forms option and change preferences. Then select the WebMail Providers (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) option under the Send Email Using option. Then fill in the required information and add your email account. After that send the emails using this account after login. For more assistance regarding QuickBooks Outlook errors, contact our support experts at +1-(855)-955-1942.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your QuickBooks may show the QuickBooks outlook is not responding error if there is you have some misconfigured settings of Outlook or Internet Explorer on your device.
To edit the email settings on your QB, go to the Edit menu and select Preferences, followed by choosing Send Forms. After that, open My Preferences and check the Webmail Radio button and then click on Add. Then add your email information and hit OK to save your preferences.
QuickBooks email issues can block you from sending invoices or statements via QuickBooks. To fix this, you can opt for different troubleshooting guides, including not running QB as administrator, changing email preferences, and using Internet Explorer as the default browser.