QuickBooks has been widely used by many companies worldwide to manage their finances. And also to keep track of their transactions. However, many times, users face this issue with the application where they are not able to update the application to face eros while doing so. These errors include a wide variety of lists, including QuickBooks Error TD500 and others. QuickBooks error code td500 messes up the update process of the application and restricts users from completing the update. Thus, it needs to be handled with care and resolved as quickly as possible.
This blog, however, will help you understand the reasons behind the QuickBooks Error TD500 and with also explain the ways to fix TD500 errors.
Need expert’s advice to resolve QuickBooks Error TD500? Talk to our professionals at +1-(855)-955-1942 and get your issue resolved in minimum time.
What is QuickBooks Error TD500?
QuickBooks Error TD500 is an online payment error that occurs while processing a credit card payment. The error message for QB error code TD500 says that “There was a problem with your update,” error code TD500.
Why does the QuickBooks Error TD500 occur?
The main reason for the occurrence of QuickBooks error TD500 includes:
- Having Two QB Desktop versions on the system.
- Your QuickBooks is not up to date.
If You want to know how to Download QuickBooks Desktop, Read Here.
How to fix QuickBooks error TD500?
Before proceeding forward with the troubleshooting steps, make sure that you are not having two versions of the QB application on the system. After that, proceed with the solutions:
Solution 1: Uninstall QuickBooks 2016 and install the Repair file.
Remember that you can only opt for this solution if you are no longer using Quickbooks 2016. Also, note that uninstalling the QB does not erase the company data file. For the solutions, follow the given steps:
- Open the QB desktop application and press the F2 key on the keyboard while you are in the application. This will show the version of QuickBooks that you have.
- Then, close all the versions o QB. (If you have more than one,m then you need to close all of them.)
- Next, you have to open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Now, in the Control Panel window, you need to select the Programs and Features tab. For some versions, however, you will be required to select the Uninstall a Program option.
- After that, you need to choose the QuickBooks Desktop2016 or QuickBooks Enterprise 16.0 options from the list and tap on the Uninstall/Change button.
- Then, once QuickBooks 2016 gets uninstalled from the system, download the QuickBooks error TD500 Repair File.
- When the zip folder for the repair file gets downloaded to your chosen location, you need to click twice on it to open it.
- Then, you need to click right on the QuickBooks_fix_tdtool.bat and then select the option to Run as Administrator.
- Next, open the version of your QuickBooks that had the TD500 error.
- Now, you have to process the customer payment and see if QB payments error TD500 is resolved.
Still Confused? Talk to Our Professionals.
Give us a call at +1-(855)-955-1942
Solution 2: Update all the versions of QuickBooks and install Repair file for them.
After the first solution, if you still face the TD500 error, another solution is to update all the versions for QuickBooks that you have and install the repair file.
- First, make a note of the versions of Quickbooks that you are using. For this, you can press the F2 key.
- Then, close the QB applications. In case you have more than one, close them all.
Find the version of QuickBooks Desktop on your System.
- For this, choose the Windows Start icon and move to the letter Q.
- Then select the drop-down arrow you see there for the QuickBooks folder. Then you will see all the versions of QB installed on the system.
Install QuickBooks updates and then the repair file.
- You are supposed to open each version of your QuickBooks and ensure that the QB is updated.
- You can do it by going to the Help menu and then to the update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Also, make sure that your QuickBooks is updated.
- Then, follow the process by downloading the repair file, and saving it somewhere you can easily spot it.
- After that, click twice on the downloaded file and unzip it.
- Then, click right in the quickbooks_fix_tdtool.bat file & run it as an administrator.
- Now, once the process finishes, open the QuickBooks version for which you were facing the error.
- Also, carry out the instructions given on the screen and end the process by going to the customer’s payment as usual.
You may find this QuickBooks error code TD500 a bit challenging to fix. However, if you follow the above-given steps carefully and step by step, you may be able to resolve the error TD500. On the other hand, if you still face difficulty in any aspect of working on QuickBooks, then you may contact our QB support expert team. Call our Toll-free number +1-(855)-955-1942 to get connected.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can fix the QuickBooks Error TD500 by uninstalling QB 2016 and installing the Repair file. You also have to update all the versions of QB that are present on the system.