Quickbooks accounting error has become a basic need for many small and mid-sized companies for their accounting needs. However, facing errors in QuickBooks has become a common thing now. But sometimes, these errors may create a major issue and hamper your productivity. One such error is Quickbooks Error 6154. This error stops the users from opening the company file. There can be many reasons for the appearance of this error, including corruption of company files, etc. The other elaborated details about the error are discussed in the given blog.
Read the complete article to know more details about the Quickbooks error code 6154.
What is the meaning of QuickBooks Error 6154?
QuickBooks error 6154 is a company file error that appears in QB when the QB application cannot find the location of the company file or cannot open the desired company file. It mainly occurs because the QB faces the problem of establishing a connection with the company file.
What are the causes that trigger the QuickBooks Error 6154 on your screen?
Since Quickbooks Error 6154 is the issue with the company file. One of the main reasons for its occurrence is the corruption of the company file. However, there are multiple reasons that trigger the can trigger Quickbooks error 6254 on your screen. Understand these reasons first to follow the consecutive solutions. These reasons are discussed below:
- QB error code 6154 appears on the screen because of the corruption of the Quickbooks company file or folder.
- In case you are not logged in as an Admin in QuickBooks, you won’t be able to access the company file.
- However, if you are not logged in as the admin in your system, the QuickBooks error 6154 can pop up on your screen.
- An incorrect file or folder path can also trigger the error 6154 in QuickBooks.
- Sometimes, the missing file or incorrect file location can also be the reason for the 6154 error.
Important Instructions to follow before fixing QuickBooks Error 6154
Before moving forward with the solutions to fix the error code 6154, make sure to follow the below-given instructions to avoid any mishappening during the troubleshooting process. These steps will ensure there is a minimum chance of data loss.
- Ensure to update the sync managers of Intuit to the latest version.
- Check and download the latest update of QuickBooks and Windows.
- Download and install good and reliable anti-virus software that does not harm your QuickBooks company file or data while scanning the system.
- Copy your company file to the other location and try to open the same file from another location once.
Getting ‘Quickbooks Company File in use please wait’ issue? Read how to solve Quickbooks Company File in use please wait issue.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 6154
As mentioned in the reasons, QB error 6154 affects your access to the company. Thus you have to perform the steps according to the reasons that triggered the error. Check below for the list of methods that you can implement to eradicate QuickBooks Error 6154.
Method 1: Log on to Your System as An Administrator
Since not logging in as admin in the system is the primary reason for the QB error 6154, we need to perform the first step for the same. Actually, logging in as an admin can allow a lot of permissions, thus allowing you to access the company file easily. Follow the given steps to log in as an admin.
- First, start by restarting your system.
- Then, you need to use the Windows Admin account and log in to your system.
- After that, you need to locate the folder that has the company file.
- Then, open the company file folder and look for the QB company file.
- Lastly, open the QuickBooks Company file that you want to access.
- Check if the QuickBooks error 6154 still appears; if yes, follow the next method.
Method 2: Reset your company file to your system’s Harddrive (C: Drive)
There is a high chance that you are facing this error because the QB application is not able to find the exact location of the company file. It may also be possible that the file is not synced with your system’s hard drive, and this error is appearing. So, you can follow the given steps to avoid such a situation.
- First, log in to your system as an Administrator once you have restarted it.
- After that, you have to sync your files to the C drive with the help of the Sync option available there.
Method 3: Reset the Settings of your Sync Manager to fix the Quickbooks Error 6154.
You can follow the given steps to reset the settings of your sync manager, so if the error appears because of this error, then it will get resolved.
- Just like the previous solutions, you have to first log in to your system as an administrator.
- After this, you have to move all your company files before you reset the settings of your Sync Manager.
- So, transfer your complete files from the previous location to any other folder on your computer.
- Then, scan your computer and pick a new location for your files.
- After that, you have to make a new folder in the chosen location and copy the file from the old location.
- After that, you have to follow the steps below and reset the Sync manager.
- Go to the Quickbooks Help Menu option.
- Then, choose the option of Manage the Data Sync and then press the Reset Sync Manager option.
- Then, it will ask you to provide the credentials, that is, the user id and password; enter them.
- Lastly, give some time to Sync Manager and let it complete the sync first.
Method 4: Sync your Company File Folder with QuickBooks to fix Quickbooks Error 6154.
The QuickBooks company file error 6154 also occurs if your company file is not synced with the QB. Thus, you need to synchronize the required files and folder with the QB application and resolve the issue.
- First, log in to your computer as System Administrator using your credentials.
- Then go to your system’s C:/ Drive.
- Then locate and enable the Sync now option.
- After that, let the files and folders get synchronized.
- Now, check your files and folders to match them in the Quickbooks application.
- Finally, run your QuickBooks as administrator.
- Now try to open the company file and check if the error got resolved.
The Final Note
Hopefully, the above-mentioned solutions will help you fix the QuickBooks error 6154. However, this error 6154 is linked to the company file, and if you get stuck in the middle of any step, you can put your years-long data at risk. Thus we suggest you take some professional help. Call us at the toll-free number +1-(855)-955-1942 and let our QB experts help you out in fixing the error and protecting your data.
Frequently Asked Questions
You face QuickBooks error 6154 because maybe your QB file has been corrupted or you have not logged in as admin. The incorrect file or folder path can also be a reason for the QB error 6154.
To fix QuickBooks Error 6154, you can :
1. Log on to Your System as an Administrator.
2. Reset your Sync Manager.
3. Sync your company file folder.