QuickBooks had made accounting easier for business with its amazing features and add-on tools. It has simplified the process of keeping track and handling the accounts to a great extent yet sometimes it just freezes and displays some unexpected errors. And most of the time, the users get stuck there and are unable to resolve the issue. Well, one such similar error is QuickBooks error 15102 which users often face and are unable to resolve it. If you are also in the same situation, no need to worry, we got you covered. In this article, we will guide you on how you can deal with QuickBooks error 15102 and will also suggest some advanced troubleshooting steps to rectify the error 15102 in QuickBooks.
Need expert’s advice to resolve QuickBooks Error 15102? Talk to our professionals at +1-(855)-955-1942 and get your issue resolved in minimum time.
What does the QuickBooks Error 15102 mean?
QuickBooks Error 15102 is also known as QuickBooks Payroll update error 15102. It appears when there is any issue while updating or downloading the QuickBooks Payroll. The QuickBooks Payroll update requires plenty of resources including a fully functional stable internet, Windows Admin right, access to the download location, and update file. In the case of any issue with any of these, the QB error 15102 is displayed on the screen as an error message saying “Error 15102: Failed to reset updates.” Once you face the error you will get it difficult to proceed with the further process. Thus this needs to be identified and rectified before it’s late.
Go through the complete article to know everything you need to know about QuickBooks error 15102.
How to identify QuickBooks Error 15102?
You need to look for the following symptoms to identify the QuickBooks error 15102.
- When you continuously face the error message while updating the payroll.
- When you have failed to download an update for your QuickBooks Payroll Subscription Service.
- Your system starts running very slowly and sluggishly.
- QuickBooks gets frozen every time you face the error 15102 in QuickBooks.
If you observe any of these symptoms in your system, make sure you get to the root cause of the error and try to rectify it.
What causes the QuickBooks Error 15102?
The most apparent reason why you face the QuickBooks error 15102 is when there is any access issue with the download location while updating the QuickBooks Payroll. However, there are other reasons also that cause the QB error 15102 to appear.
- If the QuickBooks Desktop software is running in a terminal service environment in the multi-user mode.
- When the specific download location is inaccessible or invalid and the shared download is also turned on.
- If the user does not log out as the Windows Administrator or is running the application as Administrator and using Windows Vista, he can face QuickBooks error 15102.
- The installation of the QuickBooks software is damaged or incomplete.
- You are working on the outdated version of the QuickBooks software.
- Firewall settings on your system are preventing the update process.
Two things to do before fixing the QuickBooks Error 15102
Before you move on to resolve the QuickBooks Error 15102, you must update your QB and download the latest payroll tax table. The steps for both of these are given below:
Steps to update the QB desktop Application
- Open the QB desktop and go to the Help section.
- Now select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Tap on the Update Now tab at the top and click on Get Updates.
Steps to download the latest payroll tax table
- Open the QB application and Navigate to the Employees Menu.
- Now click on Get Payroll Updates.
- Select the Download entire update option.
- Now tap the Download Latest Update.
Read Also- How to resolve Quickbooks Payroll Update Error 15276
What are the ways to fix QuickBooks Error 15102?
The best way to fix the QuickBooks Error 15102 is to switch to the single-user mode as sometimes multi-user mode can cause you to face the same issue.
Method 1: Switching to the Single User Mode
Sometimes accessing the company file in the multi-user mode can cause an error, so changing the user mode to a single-user mode can help to sort the error. To switch the mode-
- Open the QuickBooks desktop and log in.
- Click on the File menu from the Menu tab.
- From the drop-down menu, find and click on the Switch to Single-user mode.
Method 2: Verifying the Location of the Mapped File
- Press the Ctrl+1 on the keyboard and open the Product Information Window.
- Go to the Location Path and note it down and click OK.
- Now go to the Help option and select Update QuickBooks.
- Click on the Operations tab and verify the download location path.
- To verify the location, check for the following situations:
- If the Shared Download is set as Yes, the drive in the download location should be the same as it appears in the product information.
- If the Shared Download is set to No, the directory in the download location should be the same as the one that appears in the QB installation directory.
- If the location is not correct, then change the set location as given below:
- If the Yes option is already selected for the Shared Download, then opt for No.
- If the No option is already selected for the Shared Download, opt for Yes.
- After this, hit the Close button and download the latest tax table from the QB desktop.
Still Confused? Talk to Our Professionals.
Give us a call at +1-(855)-955-1942
Method 3: Remapping the drive to a new letter, if the location is correct
In case the download location in your system is set correctly, then you will have to remap the drive.
- Close the QB desktop and Company File.
- Now, you need to remap the network drive to a new letter.
- Next, open your QuickBooks company file from the new drive that you have just created.
- Go to the Help option and choose Update QuickBooks.
5. Click on the Options tab and first turn the Shared Download off and then turn it on.
6. Now make sure to check if the download location is set to the new mapped drive only.
7. Hit the Save and Close options.
8. At last, go to the QB app and download the latest tax table to see if the QuickBooks Error 15102 is resolved.
Method 4: Running the QuickBooks as an Administrator
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop Icon and right-click on it.
- Choose the Run as Admin option.
- Now click on the Continue option to grant permission to User Account Control (UAC)
- Now download and install QB updates.
QuickBooks Error 15102 is a common error faced by users having an active subscription to QuickBooks Payroll. These solutions would help you to troubleshoot the issue easily. Yet, in order to avoid facing the error 15102 in QB make sure that your QB desktop application is always updated to the latest version. As the new updates add new features and have fixes to some of the various issues. Otherwise, you can always contact us for any help by calling at +1-(855)-955-1942.
Frequently Asked Questions
The main reasons for the appearance of QuickBooks error 15102 are:
1. QB is running in the multi-user mode.
2. The selected download location is inaccessible or invalid.
3. Not logging as Administrator in Windows.
4. Incomplete installation of QuickBooks.
5. Inappropriate firewall settings.
You can resolve QuickBooks Error 15102 by switching to a Single-user mode by following the given steps:
1. First, you need to launch the QuickBooks application.
2. Then check if the QB is opened in multi-user mode, then turn if off first.
3. Then, proceed ahead to the File menu.
4. And from the file menu, hit the Switch to Single user option.
In case you have chosen the incorrect location path, you will see two options on the screen:
1. First would be if you have opted for No for a shared folder, then you need to select Yes.
2. Second, if you have Yes opted there for the Shared folder, then you need to hit No.