There are several issues that you may face while installing the Sage 50 software in your system (version 19.2 or later with server 2008/2012/Windows 8/Windows 10). Sage error code 1603 is one such issue that occurs due to a missing company file or interference with other software. The taxation error is also called the Install-shield error and can take place due to several other reasons as well. To help you get aware of all such possible causes, we have covered them in the next part of this blog.
Are you getting error 1603 while installing Sage and don’t know how to resolve it? In that case, you must get immediate help from our Sage experts by dialling the Toll-Free Number +1(855)-955-1942 anytime.
What Are The Various Causes Of Sage Error 1603?
There are numerous reasons that may result in Sage error code 1603 while installing the Sage software. Below we have listed all such possible causes:
- The Windows Firewall settings or the anti-virus is disabling the installer.
- Your system fails to meet the minimum system requirements of the Sage product.
- The Windows File Sharing Wizard is turned on and interrupts the installation.
- Your computer is not having access to the Shared folders on the network and thus, results in sage error 1603.
- The components of Microsoft .NET Framework might be damaged.
- You might not be having the administrator permissions required for installation.
- Incorrect user account setting may also result in sage error code 1603.
Troubleshooting Solutions To Resolve Sage Install Error 1603
Here, we have mentioned some effective resolution methods that may help you resolve the sage error code 1603. But before you begin to resolve sage install error 1603, make sure to create a backup of your company data to keep it secure from any unwanted damage.
Solution 1: Check the Log Files
- Click on the Windows icon and type %temp% in the search bar. And then, press the Enter key.
- Now, search for the Practice Suite Installer Logs.
- Right-click on the folder and select the Send to option followed by Compressed Zip Folder. Search for the zip file in the same folder.
- Right-click on the zip file and click on Cut.
- Go to the Desktop and right-click anywhere to select Paste.
- Further, you may send the zip file to your IT support executive. Alternatively, you may also check for the corrupted entries that have triggered the Sage installation error 1603.
- Moreover, you may also go to Windows Event Viewer to find any discrepancies that resulted in the sage error code 1603.
Solution 2: Run the Install Checker Tool
Whenever you end up with a failed Sage installation, then you must run the Install Checker Tool. It will help you know the current status of your installation.
- Go to the server and click on the Start menu.
- After that, select Computer and go to the C: Drive.
- From there, go to the Program Files folder and double-click on the Sage folder followed by the Sage Taxation folder.
- Moving ahead, open the Server directory and go to the Sage Taxation Read Only Dir folder.
- Now, run the installation checker by double-clicking on the exe file. Then, click on Yes.
- Click on Yes once again to perform data scanning.
- Once the tool finishes the scanning process and reports back with sage error code 1603, start diagnosing it as soon as possible.
Solution 3: Turn Off the Windows Firewall
- Click on the Windows icon and select Control Panel.
- From there, click on System and Security and select Windows Firewall.
- Click on the Turn Windows Firewall on or off option visible on the left side of your screen.
- Select Turn off Windows Firewall and try to continue the installation once again.
Still, stuck with sage error code 1603? Don’t worry! You may proceed to the below-given solutions and fix Sage 50 Error Code 1603
Solution 4: Disable the Windows File Sharing Wizard
In general, the Windows file sharing wizard simplifies controls for shared folders. But, in some cases, it can actually hamper the installation of the software and thus, you must turn it off.
For Windows 8.1 and 10 Users
- Go to the File Explorer and click on the View tab at the top of the window.
- Select Options and click on the Advanced Tab.
- Under the Advanced Settings section, unmark the Use Sharing Wizard (Recommended) checkbox and select OK.
For Windows 7 Users
- Click on the Windows icon in the first place and then, click on Computer.
- Go to the Organize tab and click on Folder and Search Options.
- Click on the View tab and unmark the Use Sharing Wizard (Recommended) checkbox box under the Advanced Settings section
- At last, click OK.
Aren’t you able to resolve sage error code 1603 by following the above-given methods? Don’t panic! The other solutions might help you.
Solution 5: Verify if the Shared Folder are Accessible
You may not be able to install the software if your computer does not have access to the Shared folders on the network. To make sure if these are fully accessible, you must follow the below-given steps:
- Click on the Windows icon and type \\%computername% in the Search field. Then, press the Enter key.
- Go to either SageTaxationShareDir or SCTShareDir.
- Right-click on some empty space and click on New.
- Select the Folder option from the drop-down to create a new folder and delete that folder instantly.
Solution 6: Repair the damaged .NET framework
.NET Framework is a software developed by Microsoft that contains several components with which other software’s run on the Windows platform. If any of the components required by Sage 50 gets damaged then you might end up with sage error code 1603. Thus, you will need to repair or reinstall the whole program. For doing so, you may follow the steps given below:
- Click on the Windows icon and select Control Panel
- Now, select Program and Features option
- Right-Click on the .NET Framework and click on the Repair option.
The setup wizard will try to repair the framework. However, if this doesn’t rectify the sage error code 1603, then you must reinstall the .NET Framework (.NET Framework 4.5 or above version).
Solution 7: Change the User Access Settings
There are some changes in the Windows that might ask for Administrative access. Thus, a user with limited access might not be able to run or install a particular program and would end up with sage error code 1603. However, you must be logged in to an Administrator Account, if you want to change User Account Access settings. Follow the below-given steps to change the settings:
- Click on the Windows icon and go to the Control Panel.
- After that, click on User Accounts to select Change User Account and Settings option.
- It will display a vertical bar from there you will be able to select the level of access you want users to have.
- Alternatively, you can go to the user and give them administrator access if you want to make changes in the software.
Get Professionals Help To Fix Sage Error 1603!
You would have surely resolved Sage error code 1603 by following the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above. However, if you get stuck while following any of the above methods and thus, aren’t able to fix the issue. Then, we would suggest you get in touch with our experts by dialling QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1(855)-955-1942.
- What system requirements must I fulfill if I receive 1603 Failed Installation errors?
It’s essential for Sage users to know whether their system is compatible with the software or not so that you can successfully install the various elements of the software. However, there are certain things that you must always keep a check on Operating system, Server operating system, Free disk space- At least 10 GB of free space is required.