QuickBooks Desktop application allows its users to connect their bank account with it and easily release payrolls for their employees. However, sometimes, user can not use this feature of QuickBooks and instead get the QuickBooks Message Code 1000. However, most users have complained of getting the message code 1000 whenever they send payroll, enter direct deposit information, and process the EOD on QBD and POS. This code 1000 is generally related to the Invalid PIN in QuickBooks Desktop. We have discussed further details about its appearance and troubleshooting in the blog below, so read it till the end.
How Does the QuickBooks Message Code 1000 Appear?
QuickBooks error code 1000 is a unique bank error that appears when QuickBooks no longer supports your bank account because of an invalid pin and thus causes issues in processing payroll. We have discussed further details about its appearance and troubleshooting in the blog below, so read it till the end:
“Problem: The PIN has been entered incorrectly too many times. For security, we've temporarily locked access to the payroll service. Solution: Wait 15 minutes and then re-enter your pin. [Message Code 1000]” OR “Invalid PIN: You have entered an incorrect PIN three times. Please try again later” OR "Fix your bank connection. Sorry, but there’s a problem with your bank connection. To fix this issue, you will need to disconnect and reconnect your account. (1000)"
Causes For Message Code 1000 in QuickBooks Desktop
One of the primary reasons for the error code 1000 in QB Desktop is entering the wrong PIN multiple times. This may result in locking you out of your bank account, and as a result, you are not able to connect to your bank. The other reason behind its appearance is the exhausted connection between your bank and QuickBooks. In both cases, you won’t be able to connect your bank and will get the error code 1000 displayed on the screen. Now, let us see the solutions to rectify the error.
Solutions For QuickBooks Application Error 1000
The solution to fix the error code 1000 involves checking the pin that you are entering along with checking the bank connection with QuickBooks. The detailed steps for these solutions are given below:
Solution 1: Check the Wrong PIN And Try Again
QuickBooks check your authentication before making a transaction, you are asked to enter your payroll PIN every time before running a payroll. However, QuickBooks Message Code 1000 can appear on your screen if you enter your payroll incorrectly 3 times consecutively. That is why you need to take care of the following points to keep a check on your PIN in order to resolve the error.
- Generally, you are supposed to keep a PIN between 8 to 12 characters, including at least one number and one letter. And do not include any special characters. Additionally, you should also ensure that you have turned on the Num lock and turned off the Caps lock on your keyboard.
- If you have entered an incorrect PIN multiple times, then you just need to wait for 15 minutes before re-entering the PIN. Then, make sure to enter the correct PIN and ensure that the error code does not appear again.
- If you have forgotten or lost your PIN, you need to fill out a PIN replacement request form and then fax it to the phone number mentioned on the form to receive a new PIN. You can also change your PIN in the following way:
- To start the process, you need to first log in to your QuickBooks company file as an Admin.
- Then, move to the Employees section and select Send Payroll Data.
- After that, in the Send/Receive Payroll Data window, you need to select Send.
- Now, in the Payroll Service PIN window, click on Forgot your PIN?
- Then, enter your QuickBooks company file Admin password and hit OK.
- After this, create a new PIN, confirm it, and then select Submit.
Solution 2: Reconnect Your Bank Account
If this error occurs when you are trying to reach your online bank account through QB but can’t due to some issues. So, here all you need to do is reconnect it your bank account with QB, and you are good to go. Let’s look into the steps that you need to follow:-
- It is advised to use a web browser to perform these steps. In case you are using QuickBooks mobile app, you would be directed to a web browser.
- If you see the error message “We’re sorry. Your bank is no longer participating in our Online Banking feature”, you will have to reach out to the bank that has the account and they will be able to provide you with more information.
Step 1: Check your Bank Transactions
You need to check the transactions downloaded by QuickBooks before disconnecting your bank account. You also need to ensure that you don’t download those transactions again when you reconnect.
- Tap on the Banking menu or Transactions menu.
- Click on the blue blank square for the bank account you need to disconnect.
- Go to the For Review tab.
- Now simply add, review or match the transactions on the list.
Step 2: Disconnecting Your Bank Account
This is the major step where you are required to disconnect the bank account that is causing the problem:-
- Tap on the Banking menu or Transaction menu.
- Choose the blue blank square for the bank account you want to disconnect.
- Tap on the Edit icon in the tile for the bank account that needs to be updated. Then click on Edit account info.
- Now tick mark the Disconnect this account on save checkbox.
- Click on Save and Close.
Step 3: Reconnect your Bank Account
Now, you need to connect that bank account again to your QuickBooks application. Hopefully, the error message should not pop up again. Click here for step by step guide you need to follow in order to connect your bank account in QuickBooks Online.
Allow Experts to Fix QuickBooks Application Error 1000!
Hopefully, now you know what can be done to rectify the QuickBooks message code 1000 if it appears on your screen. Here, we have discussed the two different scenarios in which this error message can appear and have provided relevant solutions to fix them. But, If you are still confused and the error has not been resolved, we advise you to reach out to an expert at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942 and can our expert will surely help you fix this error.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: Yes, sometimes when you enter your PIN and your internet connection is slow, QuickBooks may give an error code 1000: Invalid PIN. In this case, you should check your internet connection and try re-entering the PIN after some time.
Ans: You can change your QuickBooks direct deposit PIN in two ways: First, by changing it in the Send Payroll Data window, and the other involves changing the PIN in Payroll Account Maintenance Pages.