QuickBooks accounting software is a key application that most small and mid-sized business use nowadays. However, despite being an amazing application, its users have always raised complaints about certain errors and issues they face while using it. One such error is QuickBooks error 6000 80. The QuickBooks error -6000 -80 is generally faced by both local and network setup users. This error can also make you face difficulty while opening or working on the company file. This blog will put on some light on the signs, reasons, and troubleshooting steps for the 6000 80 QB error.
Read the complete blog to learn more about the error 6000 80.
Need expert’s advice to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 80? Talk to our professionals at +1-(855)-955-1942 and get your issue resolved in minimum time.
QuickBooks error 6000 80: Brief Description and Error Message
QuickBooks error 6000, 80 is a 6000- series technical error that occurs when a user tries to work on the company file. The error is related to the company file and pops up on the screen as, “Error -6000, -80: An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file.” The error occurs during the installation of the program, even during the installation of the Windows software package, while the software is running in the background. The error also occurs when you are logged in single-user mode and try to access the company file.
QuickBooks error 6000 80: Causes that Trigger the Error
The most common reason that triggers QB error 6000, 80 is the big communication error between the host and the client’s computer. This issue creates trouble in opening the computer file. However, a few other reasons that trigger the 6000, 80 QuickBooks error are discussed below:
- Any kind of data damage in the company file can trigger the QB error -6000 -80.
- It may be because the QuickBooks application is not able to communicate with the server.
- Damage in the .qbw extension file can also lead to this 6000, 80 error.
- This QB error code 6000 80 can also occur if you attempt to convert a company file that too over a network and not on a local hard disk.
- If multiple systems are configured as hosts for the QB data file, then you may encounter this error.
- If the file size is too large for the corresponding .Tlg file.
QuickBooks error 6000 80: Indications that Reflect the Error
The main indication is the error message for the error 6000, 80 popping up on the screen; however, there are other indications that you should not ignore.
- You will not be able to open the company file if the error 6000, 80 strikes.
- An error message describing the error 6000, 80 itself appears on the screen.
- Your QuickBooks can become unresponsive.
- Your Windows may become sluggish, and you may be unable to work on your system.
- Your active QuickBooks screen crashes when the error 6000, 80 strikes the screen.
QuickBooks error 6000 80: Methods To Rectify The Error
The solutions to rectify the error are categorized into two different categories, one for multi-user and the other for single-user mode users separately. Both of these types are given in below:
Solutions for Users using QuickBooks in Multi-user Mode
You need to perform the solutions given below only if you are using the QB application in multi-user mode.
Method 1: Copy the back company file to fix QuickBooks error 6000 80
- First, you have to either copy the company file to a local hard drive such as C drive.
- Then you have to either restore the backup or update the QB company file.
- Now, copy the original location of the restored or updated file.
Method 2: Download and Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to fix QuickBooks error 6000 80
- First, you have to download the QuickBooks file doctor tool from the official website.
- Then, run the downloaded file and install the application.
- If the tool identifies the data damage and is unable to fix it, you can opt for any of the two given options:
- Either you have to restore the company file which you have backed up recently.
- Or ensure to enable auto data recovery tool to restore the data.
- Then you can send the QB company file to the data recovery team of Intuit.
However, if the tool spots no issues in the company file, then there is no issues with your company file.
Method 3: Use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- The first thing for this is to open the download page for the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool.
- Then, you need to download and install the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool and run it.
- If the tool shows green check marks beside all advanced statuses, then your connection is good.
- Now, open the file and again check for the error.
Solutions for Users using QuickBooks in Single user mode
The solutions for users having QuickBooks in Single-user mode may differ from the above-mentioned ones. Even if the name seems to be similar, there would be difference in the steps for both the users. So, carefully follow the solutions listed below:
Method 1: Use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool to detect the data damages
Remember that this step does not actually repair the data damage in the QuickBooks data files, but only detects if there is any issue or irregularities with the data.
- Download and run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool with the admin user right.
- Then, either recover the QuickBooks data using QuickBooks Auto-data Recovery or restore the most recent backup.
- If the error repeats again and again, there can be some server issues with the company file. So, you can address the damage and then fix it with the help of any tool to fix the damaged QuickBooks company file.
- In case you get the pop-up saying No problem detected in QuickBooks company file, and still you face the QuickBooks Error 6000 80, then you can contact a professional for help.
Method 2: Copy the data to local hard drive
- The first thing to do is copy the data to a local drive like the C drive, .qbb file, or .qbw file, whichever you want to update.
- Then restore a backup or update the QB company file.
- Now, copy the same data files to the original location of the restored or updated file.
Method 3: Manually fix the QuickBooks error 6000 80
If none of the above methods worked for you, then you need to manually resolve the QuickBooks error 6000 80. For this, you can carry out the following steps:
- The first step to manually fix the error 6000 80 is to update QB to the latest release.
- Then, you have to configure the firewall applications to allow the internet access to the Quickbooks files on all the systems.
- After that, check and set up the right permissions to access the company file.
- Also, scan the company file folder and create a new network description (.nd) file.
- Additionally, you can also verify the hosting on the systems. And make sure to turn the hosting on when required.
- Then, you have to open the company file from a different location and check if you are facing the damage issue from a different location too.
- After that, open the company file from the hosting system also. If you can successfully do this, then copy the company file to another location.
We hope that the information we shared about the QuickBooks error 6000 80 would help you to fix the error quickly. However, remember that if you face any difficulty during the troubleshooting process, contact It support immediately as any delay may lead to data damage issues and can cost you your company data. You can call Data Service Support experts for help at +1-(855)-955-1942. Our experts will help you resolve the issue without any data damage.
Frequently Asked Questions
To fix the error 6000 80 in QuickBooks, you can a) Open Sample Company File b) Change the name of .ND and .TLG file, and c) Keep files on your desktop.
You can use the Quick Fix my Program by following the given steps:
1 First, download the recent version of Quickbooks Tool Hub on the client’s system.
2. Then, launch the tool hub application and go to the QuickBooks File Doctor option.
3. Now, in the list, find the Program problem tab, and choose Quickfix my Program option.
4. Lastly, check if you are still facing the issue.