Before you Undo Bank Reconciliation in QuickBooks Online, you should know what Reconciliation is. Basically, it compares your bank statement to the information in QuickBooks for a given time period. It is quite difficult to reconcile transactions manually, so QuickBooks allows users to reconcile accounts with a few clicks, which saves a lot of time and effort. So many times, users enter inaccurate details or the balance sheet does not match the bank account statement, which creates a need to undo bank reconciliation in QBO.
Want to undo previous bank reconciliation in QuickBooks online? Instead of wasting your time, call at +1-(855)-955-1942 to speak to one of our experts.
Read This Before You Undo Previous Bank Reconciliation In QuickBooks Online
Before you begin to undo bank reconciliation in QuickBooks online, you must know these points:
- Create backup of your company data before un-reconciling the account in QuickBooks Online.
- Don’t change the reconcile status of the transactions manually.
- Try not to delete the adjustment entry if incase created.
- Look for the discrepancies in the account before you proceed to Unreconcile a Transaction in QuickBooks Online. Moreover, if you try to fix the discrepancies manually, it can help you avoid un-reconciling the account in QuickBooks.
Steps To Undo A Bank Reconciliation In QuickBooks Online 2022
The undo reconciliation feature is currently available in QuickBooks Online Accountant only. Therefore, if you’re using the regular version, you’ll have to manually un-reconcile each transaction. That said, only an accountant user can revert any reconciliations made on the account. Since you have the admin access, you can undo the reconciled transactions one at a time by following the below-given instructions:
- Tap on the Gear icon, and select the Chart of Accounts.
- Select the account from the list, then, click on View register.
- Further, search for the transaction that needs to be un-reconciled, one at a time.
- In the reconcile status column, select the top line of the transaction to change the status repeatedly.
- C – Cleared
- R – Reconciled
- Blank – Not cleared or reconciled
- Then, click on Save.
- Lastly, click on Yes to confirm that you want to un-reconcile the transaction.
Steps To Undo Bank Reconciliation In QuickBooks Online Accountant
Users of QuickBooks Online Accountant have access to a unique reconciliation tool. If a client needs to make changes to several transactions in a previous reconciliation, it’s probably best to undo the reconciliation and start over. You should download any attachment that is tied with the reconciliation. When you reverse the reconciliation, all the existing attachments are deleted automatically. Apply the instructions provided below to make changes to the reconciled account of your client:
NOTE: If you undo a previous reconciliation, the reconciled accounts of the following months are undone as well. It is suggested to begin reconciling the most recent account and then move backwards to avoid creating a mess.
- In QuickBooks Online Accountant, select the client from the drop-down list on the Toolbelt to open the client’s company file.
- Select the Gear icon on the Toolbar.
- Under Tools, select Reconcile.
- On the Reconcile an account page, select History by account.
- On the History by account page, select the Account and Report period to locate the reconciliation to undo.
- From the Action column drop-down list, select Undo.
- When prompted to confirm, select Yes.
- In the final confirmation window, select Undo.
- Lastly, click OK.
Avail Experts Help!
We hope the above mentioned steps would have helped you undo bank reconciliation in QuickBooks Online. However, if you get stuck while cancelling a transaction and need expert assistance, then, we would suggest you to get in touch with our support team. To reach us, place a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942.