Intuit developers integrated the facility to pay employees directly through the QB application. Users can either do a direct deposit or print pay stubs and paychecks through the QuickBooks application. Although paychecks and pay stubs in an outdated payment method, many small and medium-sized businesses prefer this medium. Both Desktop and Online versions offer the facility to print out the paychecks. The methods to print paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop and Online versions are totally different. Users can also decide if they would like to print the paychecks while running the payroll or delay it for later.
Do you need technical assistance to print paystubs in QuickBooks? Just beat the hassle and get on-call support from an expert. Call at +1-(855)-955-1942.
Print Paycheck in QuickBooks Online Payroll and Intuit Online Payroll
The method to print paycheck in QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced and all other QuickBooks Online Payroll versions has a minor difference. While the steps required to be followed for Intuit Online Payroll Full service is totally different. The process of printing paycheck in QuickBooks and Intuit online versions can be divided into two steps- setting up the printing preferences and then printing the paycheck.
Important:-Below mentioned steps are specifically for those customers who already have pre-printed checks consisting of their bank information.
The steps that users need to follow depends on their product. The methods of printing paychecks in QuickBooks Online Payroll and QuickBooks Full Service are totally different.
1. Print Paycheck in QuickBooks Online
Ensure that you are using either QuickBooks Online Payroll or QuickBooks Full Service Payroll. Your sign-in window would appear like this for the following:-
Now follow the below-mentioned steps to print paychecks in QuickBooks Online Payroll.
Step 1- Setting Up The Paycheck Printing Preferences
The process of setting up paycheck printing preferences is a bit different for QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced and other QuickBooks Online Payroll versions.
QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced
- Tap on the Settings button and then choose Payroll Settings.
- Go to the Preferences section and select Paycheck Printing.
- Then tap on Preprinted QuickBooks-compatible voucher check stock.
- Choose Print 2 stubs or Print 1 stubs and then tap on OK.
QuickBooks Online Payroll (all other versions)
NOTE: These steps are valid for QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service, QuickBooks Online Payroll Core, QuickBooks Online Payroll Premium, or QuickBooks Online Payroll Elite.
- Tap on the Settings button and choose Payroll Settings.
- Go to the Printing section and tap on the Edit icon.
- Choose Preprinted QuickBooks-compatible check paper.
- Then either select Print 1 pay stub or Print 2 pay stubs.
Tip:- Select Align check if you are printing checks for the first time.
- Finally click on Save and Done.
Step 2- Printing Paychecks
The following steps are similar for all the QuickBooks Online Payroll versions
- Go to the Payroll section and choose Employees.
- Then go to My payroll Section and click on Paycheck List.
- Choose the paychecks you want to print and then tap on the Print button.
2. Print Paychecks in Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced
Follow the below-mentioned steps to ensure that you are using Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced. Your sign-in window appears like this for Intuit Online Payroll:-
Step 1- Setting up the Paycheck Printing Preferences
- Click on Setup and choose Preferences.
- Tap on Paycheck Printing Settings.
- Then choose Preprinted QuickBooks-Compatible voucher check stock or Blank check stock.
- Now either choose Print 1 stub or Print 2 stubs.
- Finally tap on OK.
Step 2- Printing Paychecks
These are the steps you need to follow every time you want to print a paycheck in Intuit Online payroll-
- Go to Payday and choose the Paycheck List.
- Choose the Paychecks you would like to print and then tap on View Print.
- Click on the Printer icon to print the pay stubs.
3. Print Paychecks in Intuit Online Payroll Full Service
Follow the below-mentioned steps after you are sure that you are using Intuit Online Payroll Full Service. The sign-in window for the same appear like this:-
Step 1- Setting Up Your Paycheck Printing Preferences
You need to contact experts in order to change preferences in Intuit Service Payroll. Give us a call.
Step 2- Printing Paychecks
These are the steps you need to follow every time you wish to print paychecks in Intuit Payroll Full Service:-
- Click on View Paycheck List.
- Choose the paychecks you would like to print and then tap on Print.
- Click on the Printer icon to give the print command.
Print Paycheck in QuickBooks Desktop
You have an option to decide when you want to print your paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop. Users can either print it while running payroll or mark them for print later and print them later. Execute the given process:
Step 1- Verify Your Printer Setup
You need to verify that your printer has been set up properly. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Click on the File tab and choose Printer Setup.
- Go to the Form Name section and click on Check/Paycheck.
- Click on the Settings tab and check the following
- Printer Name- It should be the name of your printer.
- Printer Type– It should be your printer.
- Check Style- Choose the 3-part checks (Paycheck having two pay stubs)
- Then tap on OK.
NOTE: Do a trial run on your printer to check how exactly you should load your checks. Use a blank paper for the trial run. Follow these steps in order to do so:
- Take a white paper and write Top, bottom on it and then flip the paper. Write Back on the flipped side.
- Load the test paper in your printer and follow the steps to print any one check.
- Now check the paper, and it will help you understand the right process of loading your check stock.
Step 2- Setting Up When To Printing Paychecks
QuickBooks allows users to set up when they would like to print their paychecks.
Printing Paychecks While Running Payroll
- Setup Scheduled/Unscheduled Payroll.
- Go to Enter Payroll Information window and select the following:-
- Print Paychecks on check stock in order to queue paycheck for printing.
- Handwrite & Assign Check Numbers if you want to write paychecks by your hand.
- Go through paycheck information and then tap on Continue.
- Click on Create Paychecks.
- Go to Confirmation & Next Steps and choose Print Paychecks.
Marking Checks as Print Later
- Tap on the Employees menu and choose the Payroll Center.
- Go to the Transaction tab to select Paycheck.
- Select the date range covering the period when paychecks were issued.
- Double click on the checks you want to print later.
- Tap on the Print Later box next to the Print icon and then click on Save and Close.
Printing Paychecks that were saved to Print Later
- Click on the File tab and choose Print Forms.
- Choose Paychecks and select the payroll bank account.
- Cross-check that the number in the First Check Number field matches the number of the first check-in your printer.
- Choose Paycheck and then tap on OK to print.
Let Experts Help You Print Paycheck in QuickBooks!
These were all the methods to Print Paycheck in QuickBooks Online and Desktop versions. We have discussed the steps you need to follow for different versions and printing paychecks as per the user’s preference. If You still have any doubts left or is stuck at any step, reach out to an expert at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline number +1-(855)-955-1942 and they will provide you will all the required technical assistance.