You can add numerous sorts of users to QuickBooks Online, but there is always one master admin who can oversee all other users and tasks. When you create a company in QuickBooks Online for a client, you can designate yourself as the Master Administrator. In this case, QBOA assigns you as the company’s Accountant user. However, if necessary, you can Change Master Admin In QuickBooks Online. For doing this, you have to first invite the client to become a Company Administrator. Once the invitation to become a Company Administrator is accepted, you’ll be able to change the master admin.
Unable to Change Master Admin In QuickBooks Online? Reach out to our QuickBooks experts by calling at +1-(855)-955-1942.
What Do you mean by Master/Primary Admin In QuickBooks?
The primary administrator is the only person who has access to the whole QuickBooks account. The highest level of permissions are granted to this user type. They have the ability to manage all users as well as do other administrative activities. The primary admin is the person who created the account. By default, the user who set up the QuickBooks account becomes the master admin for that company.
Stepwise Process of Changing Master Admin in QuickBooks Online
First and the most important thing to change the master admin in QuickBooks online is that you must be the master admin in order to assign this role to someone else. To change the primary admin for QuickBooks Online simple start, contact the QuickBooks Helpline team. You can change the master admin in other QuickBooks online versions by following the steps outlined below:
Step 1: Add A New User (If the new Master Admin isn’t in your Account yet)
When transferring the Master Admin access, you’ll have to ensure that the user is already added as a Company Admin. If not, you can follow these steps to set up the user first:
- On your Dashboard, click the Gear icon.
- Under Your Company and click on Manage Users.
- Then, select Add user option and pick Company admin as the user type.
- After that, click on Next.
- Enter the new user’s information and then, click on Save.
- Your new user will get an invitation email. They have to click on the Let’s go! Link and then sign in.
Then, ask your user to check his email to accept the invitation. Once done, proceed with the below-given steps to successfully Change Master Admin In QuickBooks Online.
Step 2: Switch To The New Master Admin
Now, you have to Make The Transfer To The New Master Admin, Follow the instructions listed below:
- Go to Settings to choose Manage Users.
- Then, go to the User Type column and if the user that you want is not listed as Admin, select Edit to change them to an admin.
- After that, select the small arrow in the Action column to the right of the user and click on Make master admin.
- For security reasons, a verification code is sent to your phone number or email on file for your account. When received, enter it and click on Continue.
- In the window, click on Make master admin to confirm that you want to make the change.
- Go back to Settings and select Sign Out to sign out as the current master admin.
- When the user receives the invitation email, tell them to select the link and accept the invitation.
Special Case: When the current QuickBooks Online Master Admin has left the organization or cannot be reached for any reason
If the existing master admin has left the company, is deceased, or cannot be reached for other reasons. If you wish to change the master admin of your QuickBooks, you must send a request to the QuickBooks account protection team to become the primary admin.
They’ll need a few documents from you to verify your credibility for a master admin and then by following a process of submitting the document and filing a request form to be the master admin you can easily become the master admin of your QuickBooks.
Need Experts Help for Changing master admin in QuickBooks online!
By this point, you would surely be able to change master admin in QuickBooks Online. However, if the above-mentioned steps seem complex to you, then you must reach our experts by placing a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942.