Oftentimes When you first set up QuickBooks, you may be in the early stages of your business and may not yet have a business email address. You may have started with a personal email address and now want to move to a professional one. Apart from that, it’s also possible that you lost your prior email address and thus have to change it for business purposes. In these circumstances, users had to change email address in QuickBooks Desktop & Online. Well, it’s possible for you to do that. Follow the short procedure mentioned below.
Want to Update email address in QuickBooks desktop? Call our experts at +1-(855)-955-1942 to get the accurate answer.
Process To Update Email Address In QuickBooks Desktop & Online
There are 3 categories in which you can change email address in QuickBooks Desktop whenever required:
- Change Email Address for Receiving Notifications
- Update Email Address For Retrieving User ID/ Password
- Change your email for QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Online Accountant, and QuickBooks Self-Employed.
1: Change Email Address for Receiving Notifications
Notifications will be sent to the email address associated with your name in your company’s authorized users list. You will also receive notifications via this email address if you are the Billing Contact. Follow the below-given steps to change email address in QuickBooks desktop for notifications:
- Sign in to My Account.
- Then, Go to the Manage your QuickBooks page and select the product or service that you want to manage.
- Make sure you’re logged in to the correct company by looking at the top right corner. If not, select the correct company from the drop-down.
- Now, Go to the Authorized Users list and select the Edit option.
- Enter the new email address and then, click on Save. Click on X to get back to the home page.
- From now onwards, you’ll get all the notifications to your new email address.
2: Here’s How To Update Email Address For Retrieving User ID/ Password
If you’re looking for a means to update the email address you use to log in to QuickBooks Desktop, follow the instructions below:
- Sign in to My Account and select the product or service that you want to manage from the Manage your QuickBooks page.
- Now, select the drop-down arrow beside the company name and select Edit Login option.
- Go to the Profile tab and select Edit in the Email address field.
- Further, type in the new email address in the Email address and Confirm email address field.
- When prompted, enter your login password in the Password field and select Save.
- You’ll receive a verification email to your new email address. Now, click on to your email’s inbox and open the verification email and click on Verify my email option.
- When the prompt, Email address verified appears, select Continue to complete the email change.
3: Update email for QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Online Accountant and QuickBooks Self-Employed
IMPORTANT: It’s important for you to know that your QuickBooks account is connected to all of your Intuit products. Therefore, if you make any changes it applies to all of your Intuit products, including QuickBooks, TurboTax, and Mint.
From QuickBooks Online
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online and select your profile icon.
- Go to the settings and select Manage your Intuit Account option, it will open the Intuit Account Manager.
- From there, select the Sign in & security menu.
- Further, select the Email Address and make the required changes.
- Once done, select Save.
From QuickBooks Online Accountant
If you use QuickBooks Online Accountant, you can modify your information via the Intuit Account Manager. Even if you aren’t logged into your QuickBooks Online account, it allows you to manage your profiles.
From QuickBooks Self-Employed
- Sign in to QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- Go to Settings and select Intuit Account. This opens the Intuit Account Manager.
- Further, select the Sign in & security menu followed by the Email Address.
- Make your required changes, when done click on Save.
From Intuit Account Manager
- Sign in to Intuit Account Manager with your QuickBooks sign-in info.
- Select the Sign in & security menu and then the Email Address.
- Make your changes and then, click on Save.
Avail Experts Help to Change Email Address in QuickBooks Desktop!
Hopefully, the actions outlined above made it simple for you to change your email address in QuickBooks desktop and online. However, there may be times when you run into a problem and need professional assistance. If this is the case, we recommend that you contact our experts by placing a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942.