Display issues are pretty common for any application, and same is the scenario for QuickBooks application. Many users have complained about the save and close button missing in QuickBooks. It can arise at different situations, such as creating a new deposit, writing a check, or importing your invoices. It can also occur while receiving payments from your customers. Problem with your display settings or web browser can cause this error.
Is your QuickBooks save and close button missing? Call an expert at +1-(855)-955-1942, and they will fix it for you.
Reasons and Solutions For ‘Save and Close Button Missing in QuickBooks’ Problem
The reasons involve having problems in your browsers, such as a damaged cache file, or having unfavorable display settings of your QuickBooks application. It can also arise because of a minor human error. Let’s look at these reasons and their respective solutions in detail:
Cause 1: Browser Window is Not Opened in Full Screen
The Save and Close button missing in QuickBooks can occur because that part of the page is not visible. It is present at the bottom of the page and might not be visible because browser windows are not opened in full screen.
Solution: Open Window in Full Screen
Open your browser window in full screen and check if the button is visible now or not. Sometimes the browser window may appear that it is in full screen while it is not. Check the bottom of the page for the save and close button.
Cause 2: Damaged Cache and Cookie Files
Your browser generates cache and cookie files every time you visit any website to load that website faster when you visit it next time. Having a damaged or old cookie file can cause QuickBooks not showing save & close button problem. There are three different solutions for this error.
Solution 1: Run QBO in Incognito Mode
Incognito mode is not affected by any cache or cookie files. It can work as a temporary solution to fix QuickBooks save & close button not showing issue. Each browser has different shortcut keys to open an incognito window. They are as follow:-
- Google Chrome: Press Ctrl + Shift + N.
- Firefox: Ctrl + Shift + P.
- Safari: Control + Option + P.
Solution 2: Clear Cache and Cookie File
You need to follow two steps to remove cache and cookie files from your browser.
Step 1: Remove Cache Files
The process to remove cache and cookie files are different for each browser. Let’s look at the way to clear them for Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Safari for Mac:-
- Open Google Chrome on your system.
- Click on the three vertical dots button in the top right.
- Select More Tools and then choose Clear browsing data.
- Set the time range as All time.
- Now checkmark ‘Cookies and Other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’ boxes.
- Finally, tap on the Clear data button.
- Tap on the Settings and more button and click on the Settings button.
- Now, choose Privacy, search, and services.
- Go to Clear browsing data select Choose what to clear.
- Set the time range from the Time Range menu
- Now, select cache images and files from the list to clear data.
NOTE: Select Cookies and other site data in order to remove cookies simultaneously.
- Finally, click on the Clear now button.
Safari for Mac
- Click on the Safari menu in the top right corner of your screen and select Preferences.
- Go to the Advanced tab and tickmark the ‘Show developed menu in menu bar’ box and close the preferences menu.
- Go to the Develop tab from the safari menu at the top of the page.
- Click on Empty Caches from the list.
Step 2: Delete Intuit-specific cookies from your Browser
Many cookie files are important for the users as they store essential details such as passwords for different accounts. Users need to delete only Intuit-specific cookies to fix QuickBooks not showing save & close Button issues. These are the steps you need to follow:
- Click on the three vertical dot button in the top right corner of your browser screen.
- Choose Settings from the list and then click on Privacy and security.
- Now go to Site Settings and select Cookies and site data under content.
- Click on See all cookies and site data search ‘Intuit’ in the search bar.
- Tap on Remove all shown button or the trash can icon.
- Now rerun Google Chrome and log into QBO account.
- Click on the Safari tab beside the apple icon and select Preferences.
- Choose Privacy and click on Manage Website Data.
- Type ‘intuit’ in the search bar and all required cookies will appear on the screen.
- Click on Remove All and then Remove Now.
- Then click on Done and rerun your Safari application.
- Log into your QBO account and check if the issue is resolved.
Cause 3: Unfavourable Display Settings
QuickBooks application is developed to work on a Windows DPI setting. Problems with your QuickBooks display settings can be a reason for QuickBooks not showing save & close button.
Solution: Change Your Display Settings
You need to make changes to your QuickBooks application screen resolution. Changes made by you will affect the whole application. These are the steps you need to follow:
- Right-click on your QuickBooks icon and choose Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility menu and choose Disable display scaling in high DPI settings.
- Tap on Apply and press Ok.
- Run your QuickBooks application to check if you can now see those button.
So now we hope you know what should be done when the save and close button missing in the QuickBooks problem arises on your system. Changing DPI settings can also fix other display issues related to QuickBooks. If you still are not sure what you need to do, reach out to an expert at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions helpline number +1-(855)-955-1942.