Sometimes, when QuickBooks users attempt to open QB Desktop or run it in a multi-user mode, they experience QuickBooks Error 193. The same error can also arise when QuickBooks Database Server Manager fails to open. QuickBooks error 193 0xc1 affects applications other than QB such as Windows Installer, MySql and Windows Update. The error message associated with this error is:-
Services: Windows could not start the QuickBooksDBXX service on Local Computer.
Here XX part of QuickBooksDBXX refers to the version of QB application that you are using, such as 26,27,28 and 29, denoting 2016,2017,2018 and 2019.
Did you run into error 193 0xc1 QuickBooks and now are looking for a solution? Beat the hassle and reach out to an expert at +1-(855)-955-1942. They will guide you on how to fix it.
Reasons and Solutions for QuickBooks Error 193
Due to 3 different reasons user may run into QuickBooks error 193. The reasons include users running an outdated operating system, incomplete or corrupted installation, etc. Let’s look at these causes and their respective solutions in detail: –
Cause 1: User’s Operating System Is Outdated
Windows stop supporting many services if it gets outdated. It can also be one reason for QuickBooks error code 193 as it may be unable to run the QB database server.
Solution: Update Windows
To fix QuickBooks POS Error 193, Updating your Windows system is the easiest way. These are the steps users need to follow:-
- Press the Windows Start button and then tap on settings(gear icon).
- Then click on Update & Security.
- Click the Windows Update button and your system will start checking if any update is available or not.
- Tap on the Download button if any update is available.
- Wait for the download process to get over and then reboot your system.
Cause 2: QuickBooks Desktop Installation is Incomplete or Multiple File Running Same Service
QuickBooks error 193 can also be caused by an incomplete or damaged installation of QuickBooks Desktop. Only a few of the application’s features may be hampered by the corrupted installation. When many files are executing in conjunction with a single service, the same problem may occur.
Solution: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop Application
Reinstalling your QBD application can help you fix QuickBooks error 193 if it occurs because of installation issues. The same solution will also work if the error arises because multiple files are present for one service. These are the steps you need to follow:-
NOTE: Create a backup of your company file before uninstalling QB from your system.
- Press the Windows Start button and click on the Settings button.
- Click on Apps and then choose Apps & features.
- Browse through the list and select QuickBooks.
- Then tap on the uninstall button.
- Now download the QuickBooks installation file from a credible source.
- Double-tap on the QuickBooks exe file and install it on your system.
- Run QuickBooks after the installation process is over and verify if the issue is resolved or not.
Cause 3: QuickBooks Database Server Manager is Corrupted or Damaged
The QuickBooks Database Server Manager is an important part of the QuickBooks application. If QBDBMgrN is corrupted as a result of a malware attack, Error 193 in QuickBooks may occur.
Solution: Do a Virus Scan Of Your Computer System
Removing malware from QuickBooks files can help you resolve QuickBooks error 193 0xc1 . These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Download and install a third-party antivirus if Windows defender is not functioning.
- Then run the antivirus application and perform a thorough system check.
- Now try to rerun QuickBooks and check if the error is resolved or not.
Get Professionals Help to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 193!
So now we hope you know what shall be done when QuickBooks error 193 arises on your system. If you are still facing this issue and need an expert opinion, just give a call at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942.