Are you stuck with the Quicken error cc 501? Well, it has happened because you might be trying to update your account while using the Quicken online services. It can also occur when you download new transactions into Quicken software from the financial institutions. And thus, Quicken fails to connect to your bank to receive any transaction-related information. The bank service could be stopping your Quicken to update your bank transaction.
Setting up or updating Mobile Sync with Direct Connect-activated accounts may also result in error CC-501. Don’t panic, if you have ended up with such an issue, we’re there to help you fix it. But before that, get a brief idea of the possible reasons in the next section.
Looking for advanced methods to resolve cc-501 error in Quicken? If that’s the scenario, feel free to get in touch with our experts by dialing our helpline number +1(855)-955-1942.
Causes Of Quicken Error Code cc 501
By now, you know that the Quicken error cc 501 occurs when you try to update your account. You would surely be looking for the reasons that trigger it. To help you with that, we have listed all the possible reasons below:
- Major reason for Quicken Error cc 501 is a fault at your bank server.
- Virus or malware attack might have damaged your company files.
- You may get this error while resetting the express web connect in Quicken.
- You might be using an older Quicken version.
- Incorrect bank credentials can also trigger the error code cc-501.
Things To Do Before Eliminating Quicken Error Message cc 501
There are certain factors that you must take into consideration before you begin to resolve Quicken error cc 501. Below we have listed some of the important factors that will make your troubleshooting easier:
- Create a Backup of the Quicken data: Before you proceed to follow the troubleshooting steps, we would suggest you create a backup of your Quicken file. It will keep your data safe if you encounter any fallback in between the process. And thus, you can restore it whenever required. Follow the below-given steps to create a backup of your Quicken data:
- Firstly, open Quicken and go to the Backup menu.
- From there, click on the Restore option followed by Backup Quicken File.
- Lastly, click on Backup Now.
- Avoid entering the transactions into the register automatically: By doing that, you will avoid creating multiple copies of the transaction in the account register. However, follow the below-given steps to make sure that the transactions are not getting entered into the register automatically:
- Open Quicken in the first place.
- Then, go to the Edit menu and click on Preferences.
- Select Downloaded Transactions from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure to unmark the Automatically add to banking register checkbox.
- At last, click on OK.
Troubleshooting Methods To Fix Quicken Update Error cc 501
As said, it can take place in two different instances:
- When trying to download new transactions into the Quicken software.
- While setting up or updating Mobile Sync with Direct Connect-activated.
Below we have listed the effective resolution methods for both the condition:
Case 1: While Downloading New Transactions:
If you’re getting the Quicken error cc 501 while trying to update the bank transaction or download a new bank transaction with your capital on, Citi bank, First financial bank or any other US bank. In such a scenario, there could be various reasons why Quicken Error Code cc 501 may occur. Try following the below troubleshooting guide to fix the issue.
Note: If You’re getting the error while trying to add a new bank account to your Quicken, then you should wait at least 24 hours to check if the issue is caused from your bank side, and should contact the bank after that.
Solution 1: Update the Account in which the Quicken Error 501 Occured
- Firstly, you need to open Quicken and then, go to all the accounts that have encountered this issue.
- Now, refresh the bank account settings and click on the account name that has encountered the Quicken update error cc 501.
- After that, click on the Gear icon (an icon with a downwards arrow).
- Further, click on Update or simultaneously press Ctrl + Alt + U keys to refresh account settings.
- Enter the Quicken credentials when prompted. It will open up a new window with the function of one-step update settings. There, you need to click on Update Now.
- Then, you’ll be prompted to change your Quicken credentials. Click on Ok when done.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions and your account will begin to update.
- Repeat the update process for all the accounts that have incurred this issue.
If the above solution didn’t help you fix Quicken error cc 501, you can proceed to the next one immediately.
Solution 2: Deactivate and Reactivate Account the Error Causing Bank Account:
Sometimes, simply deactivating and reactivating the bank account in Quicken may fix the Quicken error code cc 501 as it could be caused by some bad configuration.
- Open Quicken and go to the Tools menu. From there, click on the Account List option.
- From the list of accounts, edit the account that has incurred the Quicken error cc 501.
- Go to the Online Services tab and select the Deactivate option.
- Further, click on Yes to confirm the action.
- Once deactivated, the Set Up Now option will be visible under the Online Setup tab.
- Lastly, click on OK followed by Done.
Note: You may follow the below-given steps to check the status of your Quicken file.
- Go to the File menu and click on File operation followed by Validate and Repair.
- Check the status by clicking on the Validate file option followed by OK.
- Quicken will begin to validate your file.
- Once done, make sure to close the DATA_LOG file notepad.
If you find any error in your DATA_LOG file, you must contact our support team instantly to get it fixed.
- Navigate to the Tools and click on the Add Account option.
- Then, select the type of an account such as Checking, Savings, etc.
- Click on Advanced Setup and type the name of your bank/financial institution. Then, click on Next.
- Further, you have to choose a suitable connection method and then, click on Next
- When prompted, enter your banking credentials and click on Connect.
- Quicken will search for your account with your bank and then, display a list of your accounts, then you can go ahead and reactivate the account.
- Instead of adding the accounts again, try to link the one that you want to update
- Lastly, click on Finish.
Note: Following the above-steps will fix Quicken error cc 501 in approximately 24-48 hours.
Solution 3: Update the Account status
- Go to the Tools and Online Center.
- Here, you will see the offending transactions that are listed under the transactions list.
- Search for the listed transaction and remove it.
- Further, update your account online and then reconcile it. Later, look if the flag is still present.
- If it’s not there, it signifies that all the errors in your account are removed.
Solution 4: Reinstall Quicken
Reinstalling Quicken will reduce the chances of getting Quicken error cc 501 as you can begin with fresh data. Follow the below-given to reinstall:
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys to open the Run Window. Then, type “appwiz.cpl” in the text space and press the Enter key.
- It will open the Quicken entry, right-click on it and select the Uninstall option. Make sure to remove all the temporary files.
- After that, you have to download and install Quicken.
- Lastly, enter your account details and check for the error status.
Solution 5: Manually fix Quicken error cc 501
For this, you must check a specific account, if there are any transactions that are still pending to be accepted by the register. If present, download all such transactions in the register and try following the one-step update process.
Case 2: While setting up or updating Mobile Sync with Direct Connect-activated
Condition 1: Quicken Error 501 Due to Connection Time-Out
At times, while trying to complete the setup of Mobile Sync, your connection might time out. And thus, you won’t be able to complete the connection. In that case, you can reach out to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or follow the below-given steps to resolve it:
- You can try to connect at different hours of the day avoiding the peak traffic periods.
- Make sure that you’re not trying to connect or update other applications as it can affect your internet speed.
- The firewall settings and your ISP shouldn’t block QW.exe from accessing the internet.
- If you have encountered this error for the first time while trying to setup Mobile Sync, then, we would recommend you to add a single at a time.
Note: Make sure this account has the minimum number of transactions.
- Quicken Mobile Sync only sends the data of 365 days for any banking or credit card account. Therefore, if you’re adding only a single account at a time, then select an account that has posted transactions within that date range.
- Adding the account with minimum transactions will reduce the chances of time out by transferring less data on the initial sync. Once the first sync occurs successfully, you can add other accounts as well. For that, go to the Mobile & Alerts tab and select the Edit Accounts option.
Condition 2: Enrollment is Needed With Your Bank to Resolve Error 501 in Quicken
There are some banks that require enrollment to identify which applications are compatible to connect to their servers.
- Go to your bank website and check if it has a self-serve section. It will allow you to register so that you can access your accounts on their servers.
- However, if you don’t find the self-serve solution and require any assistance with registering, you can get in touch with our Online Banking Support. We will help you access your account without any hassle.
- If you don’t have the contact information of your financial institution, follow these steps:
- Go to the Tools and click on the Online Center to select the bank name.
- Then, click on the Contact Info link.
Need Help To Fix Error Code cc-501?
We have listed all the possible effective solutions that can help you in resolving the Quicken error cc 501. However, if you get stuck while following any of the above-listed methods, we would recommend you to get in touch with our support team for expert assistance. Place a call at Data Service Solution’s Toll-Free Number (855)-955-1942 and our professional will resolve all your issues at the earliest.