QuickBooks Desktop application is prone to various kinds of errors, including some company file errors, installation errors as well as some technical errors like script errors. Among all these errors, the QuickBooks script errors are quite hard to recognize and need a little extra care while resolving them. If you’re seeing a script error in QuickBooks Desktop, it means that there is an issue with the QuickBooks software itself. This error can corrupt your entire application and can cause you to face severe issues.
Thus, we have listed the top troubleshooting steps in this post that you may use to fix such scripting errors in QuickBooks. This article will provide you the information on what the error is and what causes it as well.
What Is Script Error in QuickBooks Desktop?
“QuickBooks Script Error Unable to Get Property Length of Undefined or Null Reference”
However, restarting Internet Explorer’s settings can quickly fix a script error in QuickBooks desktop. You can check out the solutions below to fix the error.
Signs Of QuickBooks Script Error
QuickBooks Desktop Script Error is a common problem that many people face. It can be a frustrating experience to have this error pop up when you are trying to do something. There are some indications of this error, which will help you identify if it is happening on your computer or not.
- The first indication of QuickBooks Script error is the appearance of a message box saying “Script Error” on your screen. This message box may also say “Script Error: Unable to create the document”. If you see this message box, then there might be an issue with your computer and not with the software itself.
- Another indication of this error is if your computer freezes while you are working in the program and then restarts automatically after a few minutes.
- You may get other signs like finding it hard to navigate the screen while using QuickBooks.
- Your Internet performance may get affected and become too slow.
- The keyboard and mouse inputs into your PC are not processed quickly.
- You may receive ‘process time-out’ pop ups on your screen frequently.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Desktop Script Error
There are various factors at play when a script error occurs in QuickBooks. However, the most typical reasons that have been observed in numerous users device are those listed below:
- If QuickBooks’ script processing tools or functionalities are disabled.
- If the device has the script debugging element enabled.
- Such a problem may be caused by a damaged Windows.
- The computing device’s previously made changes weren’t stored and double-checked.
- QuickBooks customers may experience issues when the data downloaded from the internet is not in sync with the script software.
Other Reasons include:
|Possible Reasons||Recommended Steps to Resolve the error|
|Full or corrupted browser cache||Clear Temporary Files or Cache|
|Incorrupted Browser configuration||Configure Internet Explorer correctly|
|Damaged ActiveX components||Uninstall the ActiveX control file from the system|
|Enabled Script debugging||Disable it|
|Corrupted QuickBooks Data File||Resolve the company file data damage on your company file.|
|Damaged Windows User||Create New Windows User|
|Malware||Use a full system scan|
Methods To Rectify QuickBooks Script Error?
There are a few different ways to fix a script error in QuickBooks. You may try the methods listed below to fix the error in a quick and easy way.
Method 1: Add Intuit as a trusted site in Internet Explorer
Since QB is designed to use Internet Explorer environment for all of its online services. So make sure to make Internet Explorer the default browser on your system. And then follow the below-given steps:
- Open IE on your system and go to the Command section to select Tool.
- Then, go to the Internet Options, followed by the Security tab.
- Now, click the Trusted Sites option and hit Sites.
- Then, enter and add *.intuit.com in the Add this website to the zone field.
- Now, uncheck the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone in the Trusted site window.
After that, close the Trusted Sites window and also uncheck Enable Protected Mode.
Method 2: Delete the Cache Data from Your Default Browser
Clearing the cache data will solve the problem if any cookies, history, or temporary Internet files are to blame for the Script error in QuickBooks.
- In your Internet Explorer, click Tools.
- Click Internet Options now, and then select the General tab by doing the same.
- Next, find the Delete option under Browser History and click it.
- Before you confirm your selections, mark the ones you want to remove.
- To execute, click OK.
- You can also read the article on How to Clear the Cache in Internet Explorer for more in-depth information.
Method 3: Disable Add-ons On Your Internet Explorer
Check to see if Internet Explorer or your default browser has any add-ons. If so, disable it right away. Follow these steps to do so-
- Go to the Tools tab in Internet Explorer.
- You must now choose Internet Options.
- To continue, select Programs next.
- Click Manage add-ons in the new tab.
- Make the choice to disable add-ons, then click OK to confirm.
Method 4: Remove Restrictions from the False Web Source
When opening an online source, if a QuickBooks script error occurs, you must add the web source as a trusted site by excluding it from the security check.
- Select Tools once Internet Explorer is launched.
- Access the Internet Options now.
- Toggle to the Security tab.
- By designating it as a Trusted Site, exempt.Intuit.com.
Method 5: Configure your browser to Produce Beneficial Results
If QuickBooks is still giving you script errors, try Setting Internet Explorer as your Default Internet Browser to fix it.
- Enter Internet Explorer’s Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab now.
- In the new tab, hit Reset to default and click Apply and then OK to finish.
Method 6: Reactivate Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10
- In the search box, press Windows + R and enter “Control Panel.”
- Locate the Add/Remove Program option, then click it by pressing Enter.
- Remove the checkbox from the Internet Explorer 11 option by moving to the Turn Windows features on or off area.
- Restart Windows and return to the previous settings.
- Restart your Windows computer after checking the box to reactivate Internet Explorer 11.
- Check if the error has been fixed by repeating the operation that caused this error.
What If These Methods Don’t Fix Script Error in QuickBooks Desktop?
When implemented correctly, these techniques can assist you in resolving the QuickBooks Script error. You can save time by contacting a competent specialist if the mistake continues. Your business may get hampered because of this error and QuickBooks is unable to download any data from the web server as a result of the problem. We have made an effort to give you all the information you need in this post to fix the problem easily. If none of the aforementioned options are effective, you require the assistance of a qualified QuickBooks Desktop professional for urgent support. Call QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Team at +1-(855)-955-1942.
Frequently Asked Questions
To resolve the QuickBooks script error, make Internet Browser as your default browser to run all the online services for QuickBooks. Additionally, configure its settings also.
You can turn off the script error notifications in the browser to fix the QuickBooks script error code 0 in the following manner:
1. Open IE on the system and click on the Tool icon at the right.1.
2. Then, click Internet Options and go to the Advanced option.
3. Now, remove the mark from Display a notification about every script error option.
4. Lastly, save settings by hitting OK.
If you face a script error in QB while the import process is running in the application, then follow the given steps:
1. Open the IE and go to the Tools button and select Internet options.
2. If you are unable to find the option, then hit the Alt button on the keyboard.
3. It will then display the hidden options for you.
4. Now, look for the Advanced option and select it.
5. Then, delete the notification regarding the script error and hit the OK button.