If you’re seeing a QuickBooks script error, it means that there is an issue with the QuickBooks software itself. This can be caused by a variety of things, including a corrupted file or a malware infection. In any case, it’s important to fix the issue as soon as possible to avoid further problems. We have listed the top troubleshooting steps in this post that you may use to fix such scripting errors in QuickBooks. This article will provide you the information on what the error is, what causes it as well.
What Is Script Error in QuickBooks Desktop?
"QuickBooks Script Error Unable to Get Property Length of Undefined or Null Reference"
However, restarting Internet Explorer’s settings can quickly fix a script error in QuickBooks desktop. You can check out the solutions below to fix the error.
Signs Of QuickBooks Script Error
QuickBooks Desktop Script Error is a common problem that many people face. It can be a frustrating experience to have this error pop up when you are trying to do something. There are some indications of this error, which will help you identify if it is happening on your computer or not.
- The first indication of QuickBooks Script error is the appearance of a message box saying “Script Error” on your screen. This message box may also say “Script Error: Unable to create the document”. If you see this message box, then there might be an issue with your computer and not with the software itself.
- Another indication of this error is if your computer freezes while you are working in the program and then restarts automatically after a few minutes.
- You may get other signs like finding it hard to navigate the screen while using QuickBooks.
- Your Internet performance may get affected and become too slow.
- The keyboard and mouse inputs into your PC are not processed quickly.
- You may receive ‘process time-out’ pop ups on your screen frequently.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Desktop Script Error
There are various factors at play when a script error occurs in QuickBooks. However, the most typical reasons that have been observed in numerous users device are those listed below:
- If QuickBooks’ script processing tools or functionalities are disabled.
- If the device has the script debugging element enabled.
- Such a problem may be caused by a damaged Windows.
- The computing device’s previously made changes weren’t stored and double-checked.
- QuickBooks customers may experience issues when the data downloaded from the internet is not in sync with the script software.
Methods To Rectify QuickBooks Script Error?
There are a few different ways to fix a script error in QuickBooks. You may try the methods listed below to fix the error in a quick and easy way.
Method 1: Delete the Cache Data from Your Default Browser
Clearing the cache data will solve the problem if any cookies, history, or temporary Internet files are to blame for the Script error in QuickBooks.
- In your Internet Explorer, click Tools.
- Click Internet Options now, and then select the General tab by doing the same.
- Next, find the Delete option under Browser History and click it.
- Before you confirm your selections, mark the ones you want to remove.
- To execute, click OK.
- You can also read the article on How to Clear the Cache in Internet Explorer for more in-depth information.
Method 2: Disable Add-ons On Your Internet Explorer
Check to see if Internet Explorer or your default browser has any add-ons. If so, disable it right away. Follow these steps to do so-
- Go to the Tools tab in Internet Explorer.
- You must now choose Internet Options.
- To continue, select Programs next.
- Click Manage add-ons in the new tab.
- Make the choice to disable add-ons, then click OK to confirm.
Method 3: Remove Restrictions from the False Web Source
When opening an online source, if a QuickBooks script error occurs, you must add the web source as a trusted site by excluding it from the security check.
- Select Tools once Internet Explorer is launched.
- Access the Internet Options now.
- Toggle to the Security tab.
- By designating it as a Trusted Site, exempt.Intuit.com.
Method 4: Configure your browser to Produce Beneficial Results
If QuickBooks is still giving you script errors, try Setting Internet Explorer as your Default Internet Browser to fix it.
- Enter Internet Explorer’s Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab now.
- In the new tab, hit Reset to default and click Apply and then OK to finish.
Method 5: Reactivate Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10
- In the search box, press Windows + R and enter “Control Panel.”
- Locate the Add/Remove Program option, then click it by pressing Enter.
- Remove the checkbox from the Internet Explorer 11 option by moving to the Turn Windows features on or off area.
- Restart Windows and return to the previous settings.
- Restart your Windows computer after checking the box to reactivate Internet Explorer 11.
- Check if the error has been fixed by repeating the operation that caused this error.
What If These Methods Don’t Fix Script Error in QuickBooks Desktop?
When implemented correctly, these techniques can assist you in resolving the QuickBooks Script error. You can save time by contacting a competent specialist if the mistake continues. Your business may get hampered because of this error and QuickBooks is unable to download any data from the web server as a result of the problem. We have made an effort to give you all the information you need in this post to fix the problem easily. If none of the aforementioned options are effective, you require the assistance of a qualified QuickBooks Desktop professional for urgent support. Call QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Team at +1-(855)-955-1942.