Sometimes QuickBooks encounters some error that makes it hard for users to perform day-to-day tasks. QuickBooks error 30 is a timeout error caused while printing PDF. It is a standard printing issue that anyone can encounter. However, it can also resolve quickly. This article entails all the information regarding this error.
What Is QuickBooks Error 30?
QuickBooks error 30 or Runtime code 30 occurs when QuickBooks is running, but you can’t print PDFs. This timeout error hampers the work of users when they try to modify their PDFs or print them. Error 30 in QuickBooks can also occur while installing the QuickBooks PDF converter. To perform PDF-related work, it’s of utmost importance to fix this error.
Error Description: Error 30: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
You can try restarting your system for a quick fix. Detailed solutions are available in the later section.
Vital Causes Of QuickBooks Error 30
There are several common causes for the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 30. Some of them are as follows:
- In case you had corrupted or partially completed installation of the QuickBooks PDF Converter.
- Damage to the computer’s printer drivers might also result in QuickBooks error 30.
- Windows operating system or QuickBooks application that is out of date.
- If you did not use the user’s administrative login credentials to access QB.
- Invasion of the computer system by malware or a virus.
- Windows Registry corruption or the presence of invalid items in the registry.
Things To Do Before Resolving QuickBooks Error 30
Some things are recommended to you before resolving the QuickBooks error 30. It’s also possible that QuickBooks error code 30 may get rectified by doing these things-
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks and also update Windows.
- Check if the printer is well connected to your computer.
- Ensure the printer has enough ink and paper in it.
Simple Solutions To Resolve QuickBooks Error 30
These are some steps that you should follow to fix the error-
Step 1: Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub Program to fix QuickBooks Error 30
Running the QB Tool Hub will surely fix the issue. These guidelines will help in doing so-
- Stop all the running programs on your computer.
- Find the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub on the Intuit website.
- For easier access, download the installation file and store it on your desktop.
- Double-click the file to run it, then follow the onscreen instructions to finish the installation.
- Open the Tool Hub on your PC after that, and then click the Company File Issues button.
- Select “Quick Fix my File” from the menu.
- Now, restart your PC and see if the issue has been resolved or not.
Step 2: QuickBooks PDF Converter Must be Reinstalled
A single issue can bring on numerous problems with the QB software and in the QB PDF Converter. However, it is preferable to install a newer version of the software to solve all the issues.
- Find “Control Panel” in the search box under Windows Start menu.
- To be taken to a new window, choose the option.
- After selecting Programs and Features, select Uninstall a Program.
- In the following box, locate and pick QuickBooks PDF Converter from the provided list of applications.
- After clicking the Uninstall/Change button, click Next.
- Choose removal over repair when given the option.
- After finishing the uninstallation, restart your computer.
- Check to see if the problem was resolved for you with PDF Converter.
Step 3: Make your Printer, A Default Printing Device
The printer that is connected to your computer is not set as the default printer, which is one of the most common factors of this issue. As a result, the software may encounter errors like this one because it is unable to retrieve the right printer information. Therefore, the steps below will help you repair it-
- To open the run window, simultaneously press the Windows and R buttons on your keyboard.
- Write “Control Panel” into the search box, then press the OK button.
- Select Devices and Printers by tapping the Hardware and Sound option in the subsequent box.
- Choose the appropriate connected printer from the list of printers that you see on the screen.
- Select “Set as Default Printer” from the context menu when you right-click on it.
- Restart your device now, then try printing the PDF once more.
Step 4: Use Device Manager to Uninstall your USB Composite Device
If the USB Composite Device is not installed correctly, problems may occur. This procedure involves deleting the software first, then reinstalling it in the following manner:
- The Start menu will appear when you click the Windows symbol.
- To open the Device Manager window, put “devmgmt.MSC” into the search field and press the Enter key.
- Find the option labeled “Universal Serial Bus Controllers” in the provided list and click the Plus icon next to it to access other possibilities.
- Select USB Composite Device after clicking the Uninstall button.
- The printer must then be unplugged from your device and replugged.
- When you do, a screen prompt will appear and ask you to install the printer.
- Go with on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Step 5: Run The Registry Backup, And Restore Point Processing to fix error 30 in QuickBooks
To run the registry backup and restore the point processing, follow the given steps:
- For the first step, go to the Backup window registry option.
- Then, click on the Registry Editor button to perform the manual changes.
- After that, click on the Save button and proceed further.
- Then, click on the File Menu and export the registry with the Save button.
- Now, you need to wait, till the system restores point creation processing.
- Click OK once the process gets finished.
Step 6: Update The Windows And Reinstall Quickbooks to fix error 30 in QuickBooks
Sometimes, just updating the windows and reinstalling the QuickBooks can fix the error. So, follow the process from the scratch:
- The first thing for the process is to click on the Control Panel from the open window.
- Then choose the Programs and Features option.
- Now, before going ahead with the uninstalling process, ensure and note down the QuickBooks License and Product Number. You will need then in the process ahead.
- Then, choose the QuickBooks option from the available lists of installed programs.
- After that, you need to click on the Uninstall option and follow the instructions on the screen to until the QuickBooks uninstall process gets finished.
- After that, you can install the latest window updates and then restart your system with new configurations.
- Then, open the QB installation folder or insert the installation CD to begin the process with the new setup.
- Again, you need to follow the installation on-screen prompts to download the QuickBooks application again.
- Then, wait for he troubleshooting process to finish.
Step 7: Repair The QB Print File to fix error 30 in QuickBooks
- For this process, you need to insert the QB 20XX disk, and hold on the window key and press the R key.
- Then, you will see a Run box on the screen, now type CPL.
- Now, from the application list that appears on the screen, click on the QB 20XX.
- Then, begin the repairing steps by following the steps given on the screen.
- Now, once the repair shows the process completed, restart the system.
Step 8: Activate The Printer Spooler Service to fix QuickBooks error 30
For this solution, you need to activate the Printer Spooler service by following the below-given steps:
- First, hold the Windows key and simultaneously press the R key.
- Then, type the word MSC in the run box that appears on the screen.
- Now, choose the Spooler option from the list that appears.
- Then, click the Stop button and once again click right and click on the Start button.
Need Professional Assistance To Fix QuickBooks Error 30?
A variety of circumstances can cause the QuickBooks Error 30 to appear, however there are numerous ways to fix it. This blog was a respectable attempt to notify you about the error straightforwardly and accurately. We hope that eliminating error 30 was simple for you. If not, we advise you to call our licensed experts (QuickBooks Data Service Solutions) at +1-(855)-955-1942.
Frequently Asked Questions
You are receiving the QuickBooks Printer not Activated Error Code 30 while trying to print in QuickBooks because may be your QB PDF Converter has some installation isse, or the computer’s printer drivers might be damaged. You can also face this issue if you have not used administrative login credentials before accessing QuickBooks.
For this, you need to make sure that the Android gadget is associated with a similar wireless network which you would require to make the connections with your printer too. Then, you need to go to the system website and turn on the Printer and set up the new settings for wireless network connection.
Your printer may have got bundled with a USB cable link if or not it is a remote or wired printer. The process begins with plugging the cables into the printer and your system’s USB port. The direct connection must trigger your system to recognize the printer and will finish the installation process.