QuickBooks Point of Sale is one of the best features of QuickBooks that helps to boost business productivity. However, the users face several errors while using the QuickBooks Point of Sale. One such error is QuickBooks Error 176109. The users encounter this error while they try to open the registration process in QB Desktop POS. Many reasons can trigger this pos error 176109, this it is essential to understand its causes and use the appropriate troubleshooting solutions.
Read through the complete blog, and learn more about the QuickBooks error code 176109.
QuickBooks Error 176109: Meaning and Error Message
QuickBooks Error 176109 is a common POS error related to an invalid product code or number code. The error appears on the screen when the users activate or launch the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale after the installation. The error message that triggers on the screen says,
“Error code 176109: Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number.”
QuickBooks Error 176109: Reasons that trigger it
There can be several reasons for the appearance of QuickBooks Error 176109. One such as error message suggests can be the invalid product code or number. The other reasons for the QuickBooks error code 176109 include:
- The corrupted or damaged QuickBooks Point of Sale Entitlement Folder can be a reason.
- The product code which is used for the installation of Point of Sale is not correct.
- If you do not have the administrative rights on the computer you are using the QuickBooks POS.
- Any glitch in the application or its configuration can also trigger the QB Point of Sale error 176109.
QuickBooks Error 176109: Important Points to Consider before Troubleshooting
There are three important points that you need to consider before troubleshooting the 176109 invalid product code error.
- Make sure that you create a backup of your company file, before you troubleshoot the invalid product number in QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Check for the latest update for the QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Delete the entitlement folder from Windows. It folder might be hidden, so you need to change the windows settings and allow it to show the hidden folders.
Steps to Show Hidden Files in Windows 7 and Windows Vista:
- Click on the Windows Start button and then select the My Computer option.
- After that, select the Folder and Search Options under the Organize tab.
- Now, under the View tab, you need to click on the Show Hidden Files and Folders.
- Then, you need to unmark the Hide Protected System Operating Files option and hit Yes.
- Lastly, hit Apply followed by OK button.
Steps to Show Hidden Files in Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Press the Windows +E keys on the keyboard to open the Windows Explorer.
- Then, select the File Extension option under the View tab and click Hidden Items.
Steps to Show Hidden Files in Windows 10:
- First, you need to click on the Folder icon at the bottom of the screen in the System Tray.
- Then click on the Hidden Items option under the View tab.
QuickBooks Error 176109: Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve the Error
To fix the QuickBooks pos error 176109, you need to delete the items from the Entitlement folder along with renaming WS Activity File. You can also follow a clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop POS. Follow the detailed solution guides below:
Solution 1: Delete all the Items inside the Entitlement Folder
Sometimes the files inside the Entitlement Client folder can get damaged and then trigger different errors in QB and POS. To resolve these errors, you need to get rid of these files and recreate them on startup.
- Navigate to the C:\ Program Data \Intuit\ Entitlement Client\ v8 folder and then select all the items in the folder. You can press the Control + A keys to select together all the files inside the folder.
- Then, you need to press the Delete key and hit Yes.
- After that, you need to open and re-register on the QuickBooks POS again.
- If the QB POS 176109 invalid product code still appears on the screen, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Rename the WS Activity File
Sometimes, the damaged WS activity file may also lead to the QuickBooks Error 176109: Invalid product number. So, you need to rename the file such that QB won’t recognize the file and will create a new one for its operations.
- First, open the Windows explorer and go to the C: \Program Data\ Intuit\ QuickBooks Point of Sale\ Ini folder.
- Then, click right on the WSActivity file and rename it to OLDWSActivity.
- After that, exit this window and then delete the Entitlement folder once again.
- Lastly, open the QuickBooks POS application and check if the 176109 invalid product code still appears.
Solution 3: Do a Clean Installation of QB point of Sale to fix the QuickBooks error 176109
If the above methods do not help you sort the error 176109, then you have to the clean-installation of QB Point of Sale. But ensure to take a backup of your files before performing the clean installation.
Step 1: Perform the uninstallation of QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Open the Control Panel and hit the Program and Features tab.
- Now in the list of all the programs, choose the QuickBooks Point of Sale option.
- Next, hit the uninstall button and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the uninstallation process.
Step 2: Give a New Name to Complete Point of Sale folders
Here in this step, you need to add the word OLD at the folder’s end. It will help you prevent the QB Desktop application from recognizing the files and make a new one.
Step 3: Perform Re-installation of Point of Sale
Follow the complete steps to perform the POS installation process.
Step 4: Restore the Company Files
- Launch the QB Point of Sale and make a new company file.
- Then, you need to restore the created backup.
- Now, open the Point of Sale and check whether the issue is fixed or not.
- Lastly, re-register the QB Point of Sale.
- Go to the Control Panel from the Start menu and browse to the User Accounts option.
- Then, choose the Manage another account option and hit the Continue tab on the user account window.
- Next, navigate the list and look for and click the QBPOSDBSrvUSER option and choose to Delete the account.
- Now, confirm the delete the folder and reboot your system to apply the changes that you made.
Wrapping it up all!!
Hopefully, the above-mentioned solutions will help you rectify the QuickBooks Error 176109. Also, for the reinstallation of the QuickBooks POS, you can either set up a file on CD and insert it into your computer or download it from the official website. And then follow the onscreen instruction in both cases to complete the installation process. Rest, if in any case, you need help or assistance while resolving the QuickBooks pos error code 176109, then you can place a call at our Toll-free number +1-(855)-955-1942 You will get directly get connected to QuickBooks Experts at Data Service Solutions.
Frequently Asked Questions
To fix the QuickBooks Error 176109, you can delete all the Items inside the Entitlement Folder, Rename the WS Activity File or do a clean installation of the application. The complete steps are given in the blog above.
Yes, you can download and use the QuickBooks Utility tool to protect your files. You just need to simply download and install it by following the instructions. Next, you have to run the file and start scanning to diagnose and resolve the errors. After that, you need to reboot the system and check for bugs like invalid product numbers.
You can restore the company file by opening the QuickBooks POS application and creating a new company file. Then you can restore the backup you created earlier before beginning the troubleshooting methods.