Recently QuickBooks users have reported issues with its delivery server while sending invoices. They are frequently facing QuickBooks Delivery Server Down Error while sending attachments related to sales or invoices to the customers. The error appears on the screen even if they are following the same process of sending the invoices as before. This error with the delivery server generally appears because of the settings you have done for your company email address. However, here in this blog, we have described how you can tackle the QuickBooks online delivery server down error and get it back online again.
Reasons That Cause QuickBooks Delivery Server Down Error
Incorrect email preferences settings in QB can cause the application to be unable to connect to the delivery server. And this may result in the QuickBooks delivery error: delivery server down. The other potential reasons for the same are listed below:
- Facing internet connection issues while sending the invoices may also result in this error. So make sure to have a stable internet connection while performing these actions.
- If there are incorrect PDF settings in the browser, then it can trigger the QB Delivery Server Down error.
- If your invoice contains any special characters, then it may lead to this error.
- Sometimes, firewall or antivirus settings can block QuickBooks from accessing its delivery server, causing the error.
- A damaged or corrupted QuickBooks installation can also lead to the Delivery Server Down Error.
Consequences Faced While QuickBooks Delivery Server Down Error
Some of the common consequences that you might face while dealing with the delivery error: delivery server down QuickBooks includes:
- Inability to send invoices, estimates, or reports via email through QuickBooks.
- Error messages related to the delivery server when attempting to email documents.
- QuickBooks may crash or freeze when attempting to email documents.
Quick Hacks Before Troubleshooting QuickBooks Delivery Server Down Error
Here are some of the quick temporary arrangements that you must undertake before fixing the issues with the QB Delivery Server issues. This will help you send the invoices to the customers immediately, and you can later on fix the error.
- Try to send the attachments to another email address of the customer if available.
- Save the invoice on a local device as PDF and send it, or you can also directly send its link to the customer. Follow the steps below to achieve this:
- Go to the bottom of the Transactions page, and click on Print or Preview.
- Then, a PDF view of the invoice will open upon selecting the Print or Preview option.
- After that, click on the Get link to this invoice option available at the bottom of the page. Then Hit Copy link button and Send the link to the customer.
- Alternatively, you can also click the Download icon on the top right corner and save the PDF. And later, send this saved file to the customer as required.
If you are unable to locate the PDF Viewer in QuickBooks, check our blog, QuickBooks Unable To Locate PDF Viewer Issue.
Quick Methods to Fix QuickBooks Delivery Server Down Error
To fix the issues related to the QuickBooks Delivery Server, you need to check and correct your email settings in QuickBooks. Various steps for it are given below:
Method 1: Check your email address format
The various steps to check and rectify the email settings in QuickBooks are given below:
Step 1: Check your Email address format in Location Tracking Information
In case you are using location tracking, you need to check the email address format of the location you are using on the sales form.
- Go to the Settings option and hit the All Lists option from Lists.
- Then, click on the Locations option and find the location that you used on the invoice.
- Now, in the Action column, select the Run report dropdown and then Edit.
- Here, you need to check your email address in the field, saying, “This location has a different email address for communicating with customers.” Make changes as required and hit the Save button.
- Try to send your sales form again and check for the error.
Step 2: Check the Company and Customer-Facing Email Address
In this step, you need to make sure that your company email and all customer-facing email addresses are complete and do not have any prefixes attached to them. For this, check the format in the following manner:
- Go to the Settings option.
- Then, choose the Account and Settings option, followed by Company.
- After that, select the Contact info option and check the email address of the company and Customer-facing fields.
- Use the following examples as references for the format:
- Correct: email@example.com
- Incorrect: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Method 2: Check the Format of Your Invoice
Any kind of special characters in the invoice can trigger QuickBooks Delivery Server Down Error. So, open the invoice you want to send and check that the following info does not have any special characters:
- Attachment name
- Email Address
- Custom form templates
Method 3: Turn off Attach Invoice as PDF Option on your Sales Forms
In this particular method, you need to update the attachment settings while sending the sales form to the customers.
- For this method, also go to the Settings option.
- Then visit the Account and settings, then choose the Sales option.
- After that, from the Sales option on the left menu, go to Online Delivery.
- From there, opt for the Pencil icon, and clear the Attach as PDF checkbox.
- Now, click Save and Done from the bottom and try sending the invoices again.
Method 4: Check your print and PDF Settings
Here, you need to check the print PDF settings on Adobe Acrobat and the browsers. Also, make sure that the files that you are attaching are not ZIP files and that their size doesn’t exceed 25 MB. Additionally, make sure that your file attachment does not contain any special characters.
Step 1: Check the Settings of Adobe Acrobat or Reader
You need to set up the following print options on your Adobe Acrobat or Reader.
- In the Page Size and Handling section, choose the Actual Size option.
- Then, checkmark the Choose paper source by PDF page size.
- After that, in the Orientation section, select the Auto Portrait/landscape option.
Step 2: Check the PDF Settings in the Browser
Here are the steps to configure the PDF settings in two different browsers. You can follow the steps for the browser you use on your system:
Google Chrome Browser
- First, click on the three dots given in the upper right corner. From the menu, choose the Settings option.
- Then, scroll down to the bottom, and click on the Advanced drop-down menu.
- After that, click on Content Settings and choose the PDF Documents option.
- Now, turn off the Download PDF files instead of opening them automatically in Chrome.
- Lastly, log in to the company file and try again to send the forms or print them.
- On your Firefox browser, go to the menu and choose Options.
- Then, click on the Applications that are available on your left.
- After that, in the Content-Type option, search for Portable Document Format (PDF) option.
- Now in the Action drop-down menu, select Use Adobe Reader (default) option.
- Lastly, log in to the company file and send the forms again to check if QuickBooks online delivery server down error is still appearing.
To Sum Up!!
The QuickBooks Delivery Server Down Error can be a frustrating issue to encounter, but with the right troubleshooting steps, it can easily be resolved. You can follow the methods mentioned above to resolve it. Additionally, you can check your internet connection, configure firewall and antivirus settings, and repair or update QuickBooks to resolve QuickBooks delivery error: delivery server down. And if you require any further assistance, you can connect with our experts at Data Service Solutions by calling the Toll-free number +1-(855)-955-1942
Frequently Asked Questions:
Ans: To enable email to send invoices in QuickBooks, from any open report, select the Email option. And easily send your transactions or reports. You can also log in to your Intuit credentials and also add a message and attach a file.
Ans: To send an invoice to Outlook from QB, click on Edit < Preferences options. Then, choose the Send Forms options and click on Outlook to set it up, and then hit OK.