Many users have connected their accounts with the QuickBooks application complained about Select a Bank Account for This Deposit QuickBooks error. When you try to add or download transactions to your system, you might get this error. In the next part of the blog you will get aware of the possible causes that bring forth the QuickBooks online select a bank account for this deposit error.
If you came across QuickBooks error “select a bank account for this deposit” and are facing difficulty trying to fix it, we will advise you to reach out to us at +1-(855)-955-1942.
When does the QuickBooks Error “Select a Bank Account for this Deposit” occur?
Multiple things can cause QuickBooks Online “Select a Bank Account for this Deposit” error. A few of those instances are:-
- When you are trying to move undeposited funds to cash(Bank account).
- While using “Add” button on your banking page.
- When you try to add another bank account.
Causes of QuickBooks Online error “Select a Bank Account for this Deposit”
The reasons for Error “QuickBooks online select a bank account for this deposit” include technical issues (such as browser cache) as well as human error (wrong date of recording). Let’s look at a few things that can possibly lead to this error:-
- If you have entered the wrong bank account information.
- The date of receiving payment you entered in your application is different from the actual date of receiving payment.
- Old cache and cookies are creating an issue.
- You are choosing a customer as a part of the deposit, but you haven’t actually received a payment from them.
Solutions to fix ‘Select a Bank Account for This Deposit’ Error
4 easy Solutions to fix the “Select a bank account for this deposit” QuickBooks error include running it in a private browser or changing your bank information. Execute the given process:
Solution 1- Log-in through Incognito Window
Pre-existing caches can lead to error “QuickBooks online select a bank account for this deposit”. You should utilize QuickBooks in a private window. Each browser has certain keys through which you can run the Incognito window. Press the keys as per your browser:-
- Command+Shift+N : ForSafari.
- CTRL+Shift+N : For Google.
- CTRL+Shift+P : For Mozilla Firefox and Windows Edge.
Solution 2- Clear Cache from your Browser
Cache files are saved by your browser on your system in order to load them faster the next time you visit it. Sometimes, they cause hindrance while you are working as they get older and outdated. Go through the site of your web browser for step by step guide on how to clear cache from your browser:-
Solution 3- Banking Info must be Updated
Try to use Edit Option to enter your banking information. The information you are adding should be correct. To do so, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Tap on the Banking Menu.
- Choose Update.
- You need to type your updated username and password-
- Click on Reconnect my Account if error 103 appears on your screen.
- Select Edit and then tap on Edit sign-in info if no error appears.
- Now click on Save and connect.
- Tap on I’m done let’s go!
Solution 4- Change Bank Account
Wrong bank account settings might be a reason why the “select a bank account for this deposit” error appears on your screen. There are 2 different settings option:
- Standard Deposit: Add your bank routing and account number to link a bank account for conventional funding events (non-Instant Deposit).
- Instant deposit: For Instant Deposit financing events, link a debit card. If you have a QuickBooks Cash account, the debit card associated with that account is already linked.
NOTE: The steps to update both of these accounts are different.
Steps to update your Standard Deposit Account:
Look at the steps in order to update your Standard Deposit Account:
- Use a web browser to log in to QuickBooks Online. Make sure you don’t use a mobile app or GoPayments.
- Select Account and settings from the drop-down menu under Settings.
- Go to Payments tab from the drop-down menu. Select Change bank from the Deposits column next to Standard Deposits.
- Click Add new bank account.
- Add banking details of the bank account you want to change to.
- When you’re finished, click Save.
Steps to update your Instant Deposit Account:
To update your Instant Deposit Account, follow the given steps:
- Tap on Settings and then click on Account and Settings.
- Go to the Payments tab and then look through the Deposit accounts section.
- Click on Change in order to edit your instant deposit info.
NOTE: Select the 0% fee option if you’re switching from a personal debit card to a QuickBooks Cash debit card.
- Click on Save and then Done.
NOTE: You are not allowed to save multiple debit cards on file.
Need Expert to fix Select a Bank Account for this Deposit Error!
So, hopefully, you now know what to do if you receive the QuickBooks error “Select a bank account for this deposit.” If you have any questions, please contact our staff, and give us a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942.