When you run a business, there are a lot of things that you have to take care of. One amongst them is the process of payroll management of all the employees working in your firm. But that can be fixed with the help of QuickBooks which is a highly preferred management software. However, like any software, website, tool, or application; QuickBooks too faces multiple technical errors. One amongst them is the QuickBooks Error 557. But don’t worry, read this blog till the end and we will help you in troubleshooting this problem.
When can you run into QuickBooks Error Code 557?
QuickBooks error 557 is a technical issue that can happen at any point of time and due to multiple reasons. It can arise when you submit your payroll or when you try updating your payroll. And typically most people face this problem whenever they are downloading the payroll updates. Especially right after updating their payroll.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 557?
Let’s quickly check the conditions that can lead to QuickBooks Error code 557:
- Firstly, if the software is not updated and you keep using the outdated version, you will come across error 557 in QuickBooks desktop.
- The other reason that leads to this problem is the usage of expired payroll subscriptions.
- If there is either a faulty or a partly completed update in the software.
- This can also happen if the installation of the application is not done correctly.
- The error can also be shown because of a malware or virus attack on your device.
Signs you are Experiencing QuickBooks Payroll Error 557
Here are some common problems that you will be facing if or when you run into error 557 of QuickBooks.
- Before actually encountering the error itself, you will encounter the error message while you update the payroll on this software.
- You might start to feel the lag on your PC or laptop. If you are using any other software or program, the same starts to happen with them.
- Even after having the best of everything equipped in your device, you will still feel the decline in its performance.
- There can be a time when your hardware devices would also start to malfunction.
How can you fix QuickBooks Error 557?
It is very easy and quick to solve the QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 557; all you need to do is follow these simple solutions.
Solution 1: Updating QuickBooks to the Current Version
Ensure that you are using the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop Application else use these steps to update it:
- The first thing that you will have to do is check whether the program is running or not. If you find it still running, please switch it off.
- Then, go to the start menu and click on the search button. Type “QuickBooks” on the search bar.
- Once you see the icon and the software, press the right click on your mouse.
- After this, you will have to click on the “run as the administrator” option.
- Now press the CTRL button and double click on the QB icon.
- From there you will navigate to the “Help” section and then select the “Update QB desktop” option from the given options.
- After this, click on “Mark All” and then “Save.” This will be done in the Option’s section.
- Now, click the “Reset Update” section from the “Update Now” Tab.
- After this, you are only one more step from the final step. Click on the “Get Updates” button and download all the things available there.
- Once completed, restart the QB application and perform the installation process.
Once done, you will see Error 557 gone. And your software will work smoothly without any glitch.
Solution 2: Renew your QuickBooks Subscription
To get over this error permanently, you need to Reactivate your QuickBooks Subscription and to do so, follow the given steps:
- In this, you will have to firstly log into your QuickBooks account and then go to the QB CAMPs page.
- Post that, direct yourself to the “Manage your QBs section.”
- There will be a lot of options in front of you. Have a look at them once and choose the services you wish to use.
- When decided, go to the “Products and Services” section to click the “Payroll Subscription tab.”
- Then, simply verify your activation status.
- Most probably, you will see “Canceled” written over there. If that’s true, simply click on the re–subscribe button.
- Then validate all the information and then click the “Save and proceed” button.
- Give a quick look at the terms and conditions, billings, and subscription terms; and then reactivate.
- After this, your software will be renewed and all you need to do is click on “Got it.”
- Then just restart the QB and Error 557 will be fixed.
Solution 3: Re-registering your account on QuickBooks
Now, one of the ways to get your QuickBooks up and running is by registering into QuickBooks all over again. For this, you will have to follow the below given steps.
- Open the file explorer and navigate to the “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8” folder.
- Look for EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and right click on it.
- Delete the details that are present there and then confirm it.
- Then run the application once again. Enter the product’s registration credentials to activate the software.
- Once activated, install the QB application on the desktop and retry to install. After completing all these steps you can update the payroll now.
Call Experts to fix QuickBooks Error 557!
If you still get the same notification or problem, try updating the correct billing information on your QB AM page. Depending upon the problem, it can take from a few minutes to 24 hours (in subscription issues) to resolve this. If you are unable to get through QuickBooks Error Code 557 by yourself, we suggest that you connect with our QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Team at +1-(855)-955-1942 for quick assistance and support.