QuickBooks allows users to record their banking transactions directly in their company file. QuickBooks error 3120 arises while recording the transactions in the data file. It is a QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale specific error. It occurs when the transaction that the user is trying to record already exists in the data file. Users are advised to resync their transactions in the QuickBooks file. The error message that appears on the screen is:-
QuickBooks has reported the following error:
Object: “800000-1349276859” specified in the request cannot be found. QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument. The specified record does not exist in the list.
Error Code: 3120
Please contact your software vendor.
Did QuickBooks Error Message 3120 pop up while recording a transaction? No need to worry, just contact an expert at +1-(855)-955-1942, and they will tell you what you need to do.
Things to Remember Before Troubleshooting QuickBooks Desktop Error 3120
There are certain things that one should take into consideration before jumping on troubleshooting steps. These are important to make sure that re-syncing data will fix QB Error 3120:-
- Payment made by your customer and the amount on the invoice is similar.
- The Payment made and invoice amount matches the A/R account.
- Run InvoiceQuery to ensure that the invoice with that transaction ID exists in the database.
Steps to Deal With QuickBooks Error 3120
QuickBooks error message 3120 arises due to a problem with mapping an account. Users run into this error when payments and accounts are not set up accurately within the QB application. Follow these steps fix it:-
- Run the QuickBooks application and go to the File menu.
- Select Preferences and choose Company.
- Go to the Financial section and choose Accounts.
- Go through the Basic and Advanced menu. Accounts must be mapped correctly and tap on Save.
Note: Account name with brackets([ ]) are not mapped correctly.
- Now run financial exchange in QBD.
Seek Experts Help!
QuickBooks Error Code 3120 should be fixed after following the steps mentioned above. Users can either add transactions manually or automate the process. If your error is still not resolved, reach out to an expert at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942, and they will fix it for you.