Sage Install Error 1308 has been faced by so many users in UK & USA lately. It occurs while trying to update or install the Sage accounting software. The source file is required for Sage 50 installation. 1308 error code on the other hand, comes when you can’t find the source file on your computer. The error windows may ask you to uninstall and reinstall the sage version but sometimes even that won’t fix the issues, in such a case, One of the following solutions will help you overcome the error.
Unable to install sage 50 software due to Sage Install Error 1308? Call our experts at +1-(855)-955-1942 To get the error fixed instantly.
What Causes Sage Install Error 1308?
These are the reasons that may cause the ‘Source File Not Found Error 1308‘:
- You are using an outdated version of Sage Software.
- You did not install the downloaded updates.
- Bad Internet Connection.
- The Windows installer is unable to stop the service in order to complete the installation.
- The system isn’t configured to run as an administrator.
- Users may have installed a trial version that has not yet expired.
Simple Solutions to Rectify Source File Not Found Error 1308
If you are aware of the reason which is causing the Sage Error 1308, directly jump on the solution associated with it. And if you don’t know what is causing the error, try these solutions one by one-
Important:- But, before you dive into these options, make a backup of your Sage company file to ensure that your data is safe in case of any mishappening during the troubleshooting process.
Solution 1- Get your Sage Software Repaired
Get rid of installation and minor errors by repairing the software to fix Sage Error 1308. You can do this by using the Control Panel and installation files. In the following section, let’s look at both the ways-
Method 1: Sage Repair Using the Control Panel
You can use the Control Panel to remove or repair certain software from your computer’s installed programs list by following these steps-
- Click on Start Button and Open Control panel
- Now tap on the Program option
- Now choose Programs and features; it will open a list of programs
- Find sage 50 from the list and right-click on it.
- Click on the Change button
- Now tap on the Repair button.
- Press on the Next Button
These steps will help you repair the Sage software. Once the repair process is complete, try installing the latest release of Sage software on windows computers.
Method 2: Sage Repair using Installation Files
Using installation files to repair Sage 50 is another way to go about it. You need to navigate to the file location and run the file as an administrator with this method. Here are the step-by-step instructions for doing so:-
- Go to the file location or path where the sage 50 installation files are stored.
- Find the Autorun.exe file and then right-click on it.
- Choose Run as Administrator option.
- A start-up window will appear, and you need to select either Remove or Modify.
- After it is complete, click on Sage 50 software and press next.
- Now tap on Repair
- Hit the Next button now.
After following these steps, wait until the repair process is over. Then try to install Sage software again to see if the error still exists or not.
Solution 2- All Sage Products Must Be Removed
Sage Software’s inability to install can be caused by corrupted products or files. You must totally remove any Sage-related products from your system. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Press on the Start button and go to Control Panel.
- Tap on Programs and Features.
- Look for Sage 50 software and tap on Uninstall button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software.
- Now open Windows Explorer and go to C:\Program files (x86).
- Delete Sage and Winsim folder.
After completing these steps, go to the Documents section and save the backup folder to the external device in the Documents section.
Solution 3- Sage Software and Accounting Folders must be deleted
If none of the above-mentioned solutions works, try removing the sage software and all its accounting folders. This can help you to install the Sage 50 software. Follow these steps to do it-
- Navigate to C:\Users\Public\Public Documents.
- Select all the accounting folders
- After this, hit the delete button.
Now try to download the sage software from the trusted source and proceed with the installation.
Solution 4- Setup a Windows Computer
It’s possible that Sage 50 software won’t install properly on a brand new PC. If an older version of Windows prevents you from installing Sage, you may have technical difficulties. These technical issues can be solved by following these steps-
- Tap on the Windows Start button.
- Now choose the Settings option
- Click on Updates & Security window.
- A window will open; check for new updates
- Create restore points by following on-screen instructions
- Ensure that Sage 50 software is completely removed.
- Now create and restore points and continue downloading the “.NET framework repair tool”.
Now run the tool and try to restart the system. Try to reinstall Sage 50 software again and once the process is completed, launch the software in order to make sure that the error is removed.
Get Experts Help to Resolve Source File Not Found Error 1308!
So this has been all about sage install error code 1308. However, if you find the above steps a bit complex or want an expert to help you, then we would suggest you reach out to our experts by giving us a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942.