Many users in UK & USA are facing Sage Error Code 1308 while trying to update or install the Sage accounting software. But due to sage install error 1308, many users fail to actually use the software. The error windows may ask you to uninstall and reinstall the sage version but sometimes even that won’t fix the issues, in such a case, you can follow the 4 mentioned solutions to troubleshoot the problem.
What are the Possible causes for Source File Not Found Error 1308?
Sage error code 1308 generally appears when there is a problem with the installation of sage software. There can be some other issues that may cause the ‘Source file not found Sage error 1308’.
- The source file is not found or missing on your computer.
- You are using an outdated version of Sage Software.
- You did not install the downloaded updates.
- Bad Internet Connection.
- The Windows installer is unable to stop the service in order to complete the installation.
- The system isn’t configured to run as an administrator.
- Users may have installed a trial version that has not yet expired.
How to Fix Sage Install Error 1308?
As mentioned above, there can be multiple reasons which can lead to sage install error code 1308. If you are aware of the reason which is causing the Sage Install error code 1308, directly jump on the solution associated with it. And if you don’t know what is causing the error, try these solutions one by one-
Important:- But before you jump on these solutions, the first thing to do is back up your Sage company file so that your data remains safe in case of any mishappening during the troubleshooting process.
Solution 1- Repair your Sage Software
The primary method is to repair the Sage 50 Software as you can get rid of installation and minor errors by repairing the software. This can be accomplished in two ways one is using the Control Panel and installation files. In the following section, let’s look at both the ways-
Method 1: Repair Sage using Control Panel
You don’t need an external added application to repair your software, you can do it through the computer’s control panel by following these steps-
- Click on Start Button and Open Control panel
- Now tap on the Program option
- Now choose Programs and features; it will open a list of programs
- Find sage 50 from the list and right-click on it.
- Click on the Change button
- Now tap on the Repair button.
- Press on the Next Button
These steps will help you repair the Sage software. Once the repair process is complete, try installing the latest release of Sage software on windows computers.
Method 2: Repair using Installation Files
Using installation files to repair Sage 50 is another way to go about it. You need to navigate to the file location and run the file as an administrator with this method. Here are the step-by-step instructions for doing so:-
- Go to the file location or path where the sage 50 installation files are stored.
- Find the Autorun.exe file and then right-click on it.
- Choose Run as Administrator option.
- A start-up window will appear, and you need to select either Remove or Modify.
- After it is complete, click on Sage 50 software and press next.
- Now tap on Repair
- Hit the Next button now.
After following these steps, wait until the repair process is over. Then try to install Sage software again to see if the error still exists or not.
Solution 2- Remove All the Sage Products
Corrupted products or files can be a big reason why Sage Software is not able to install. You need to delete the products related to Sage completely from your system. Follow these steps in order to do so-
- Press on the Start button and go to Control Panel
- Tap on Programs and Features
- Look for Sage 50 software
- Now tap on Uninstall button
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software.
- Now open Windows Explorer and go to C:\Program files (x86).
- Delete Sage and Winsim folder.
After completing these steps, go to the Documents section and save the backup folder to the external device in the Documents section.
Solution 3- Remove the Sage Software and Accounting Folders
If none of the above-mentioned solutions works, try removing the sage software and all its accounting folders. This can help you to install the Sage 50 software. Follow these steps to do it-
- Navigate to C:\Users\Public\Public Documents.
- Select all the accounting folders
- After this, hit the delete button.
Now try to download the sage software from the trusted source and proceed with the installation.
Solution 4- Configure Windows Computer
There is a possibility that the error ‘Sage Error Message 1308’ might be occurring when trying to install Sage 50 on a new computer is because the previous version of Windows blocks the Sage Software. These technical issues can be solved by following these steps-
- Tap on the Windows Start button.
- Now choose the Settings option
- Click on Updates & Security window.
- A window will open; check for new updates
- Create restore points by following on-screen instructions
- Ensure that Sage 50 software is completely removed.
- Now create and restore points and continue downloading the “.NET framework repair tool”.
Now run the tool and try to restart the system. Try to reinstall Sage 50 software again and once the process is completed, launch the software in order to make sure that the error is removed.
Get Experts Help to Resolve Sage Error 1308!
So this has been all about sage install error code 1308. We discussed the causes of it and how to fix it. We hope you understood what shall be done whenever you face this error. Sage is great accounting software that can help you efficiently manage your books of account. However, if you find the above steps a bit complex or want an expert to help you, then we would suggest you reach out to our experts by giving us a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942.