QuickBooks is highly technical software that performs a variety of functions. It does occasionally run into a variety of errors. One error that you might run into while updating the payroll is QuickBooks maintenance release Error 15215. This error might not stop the application from running but can surely hamper the productivity of the business and thus it becomes extremely crucial to fix it. Let’s look at the factors that might cause this error and what to do when this error occurs.
What Does QuickBooks Error Code 15215 Means?
To ensure ongoing operations, QuickBooks requires a properly working internet connection. QuickBooks Payroll Error 15215 occurs when you try to download a payroll update, this problem is usually triggered by a conflict with another application operating in the background. It’s possible that the application uses a lot of bandwidth, and prevents QuickBooks Desktop Payroll from connecting to the server.
Why Does QuickBooks Update Error 15215 occurs?
There are multiple instances under which QuickBooks Update Error 15215 occurs-
- When a third-party firewall application prevents QuickBooks Desktop software from connecting to the internet, users have trouble updating payroll. This program can also function as an antivirus with a firewall.
- Internet Download Manager and a few other applications consume the majority of the broadband bandwidth, resulting in QuickBooks error 15215.
- QuickBooks error code 15215 can also be caused by not running QuickBooks using a Windows administrative account.
- QuickBooks returns with the error message “Unable to Verify Digital Signature” due to incompatible Internet Explorer settings.
- Malware and virus-infected systems can also be one of the reasons.
Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Maintenance Release Error 15215
There are a variety of factors that lead to QuickBooks Error 15215 and thus you would have to try multiple things in order to get it done-
Method 1: Restarting your Computer under Clean Boot Mode
Changing few settings under boot settings can help you fix the error-
- Open Run dialogue box, press Windows and the letter R at the same time.
- In the text box, type the command msconfig and hit Enter.
- Select Selective Startup under the General tab.
- Uncheck the box in front of Load Startup Items.
- Under the Services tab, select the checkbox that says “Hide all Microsoft Services.”
- Click on Disable all option.
- Return to the Startup tab and choose Open Task Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Now, you have to Right-click and select Disable All Startup Programs from the menu.
- Press OK button and then restart your system.
- Now try updating QuickBooks payroll and check if the error still persists.
Method 2: Change your Internet Explorer Settings
There is a high possibility that you might be facing the issue due to some faulty settings and changing them could help you solve it-
- Close down QuickBooks Application in case it’s running.
- Press on the Start button and type Internet options (in the search box).
- Select Internet Options from the variety of options.
- Find TLS options under Advanced Tab.
- Ensure that the ‘Use TLS 1.0’ box has selected and Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are unselected.
- Click on apply and then OK.
- Lastly, Restart Windows and try to run the payroll update again.
Method 3: Select QuickBooks as Windows Administrator
Running QuickBooks as administrator will provide it precedence over other apps in Windows. It also helps QuickBooks Desktop utilize whatever resources it needs to function properly-
- Ensure QuickBooks desktop is closed.
- Moving further, Right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Choose ‘Run as administrator’.
- If a message flashes on your screen saying ‘Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?’, Press ‘Yes’.
Method 4: Restarting Windows under ‘Selective Startup’
Ensure that no other program or operating application is running which might interfere with payroll update such as CA Security Center-
- Close down QuickBooks Desktop.
- Start ‘Run’ on your system. Follow the steps based on your version:
- Windows XP: Click Start > Run.
- Windows 7 and Vista: Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run.
- Windows 8 and 10: press the Windows key and letter R.
- Enter msconfig in the Run field and press OK.
- System Configuration Utility will open.
- Choose Selective Startup and uncheck the Load Startup Item.
- Press OK to save your changes.
- Restart your system.
- Reopen Quickbooks and download the latest tax table after restarting the computer.
- If you can download the update successfully, return to the System Configuration Utility by following steps 1 to 4.
- Click on the Normal Startup checkbox and press OK.
- Restart your system again after this step.
This step is to guarantee that your system continues to function normally. In case you have permanently lost any data, check out Microsoft Website and find out how to clean boot windows.
Get Expert Help!
The above-mentioned solution should help you fix QuickBooks Maintenance Release Error 15215. The payroll update error can hinder your functioning and thus it becomes more important to fix it. QuickBooks helps you manage your day-to-day functions very easily and thus all small and big businesses should give it a try. However, if you’re stuck and need further assistance, we would suggest you to get in touch with our experts by giving us a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1(855)-955-1942.