QuickBooks offers excellent accounting services to its users. Still, users may experience some glitches as QuickBooks is prone to errors. One error that disturbs the functionality of QuickBooks is QuickBooks error (-12 0). It doesn’t let you open a company file. The primary reason for this error is not having admin rights. However, there could be other factors as well. This article will highlight the leading causes and quick solutions. Please read till the end to get the best troubleshooting techniques to rectify this error.
What Is QuickBooks Error (-12 0)?
If you can’t open a company file or cannot perform specific operations on QuickBooks, you’re probably experiencing a QuickBooks error (-12 0). As mentioned above, it appears on your screen when you don’t possess the proper permission and administrative rights. It occurs because your QuickBooks can’t access some resources that require approval. This error will appear on your screen as-.
“We are sorry, QuickBooks encountered a problem… Error -12, 0.”
Due to this error, you may be unable to work on QuickBooks, so fixing this error as soon as possible is essential.
Significant Causes Of QuickBooks Error (-12 0)
QuickBooks Error (-12 0) has several triggering factors. The most common causes of this error are-
- It might appear as a result of the corrupt Windows registry.
- Unsuitable Submissions to Nonexistent Programs.
- Incorrect software configuration or installation is another possible cause.
- Any file could be lost or missing.
- Systems on computers could be infected.
- Wrong User Input is also a potential cause.
Signs Of QuickBooks Error -12, 0
Runtime faults can occur suddenly. Every time QuickBooks runs, an error notification may appear on the screen. Following are the signs and symptoms of Error -12, 0 in QuickBooks Desktop-
- The screen displays the QB error code (-12 0), and the dynamic program window fails before loading.
- The error message “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and has to close” is displayed along with this QuickBooks error code.
- Another error notice appears. It states, “An issue has been identified, and Windows has been closed to counteract harm to your PC.”
- Windows is responding slowly or not at all.
Things To Keep In Mind Before Resolving QuickBooks Error (12 0)
There are some points you should keep in mind before beginning the process of troubleshooting this error. These are-
- Make sure that the user has administrative permissions before opening the file or carrying out any specific QuickBooks activity.
- You must verify if QuickBooks service has been stopped.
Quick Solutions For QuickBooks Error (-12 0)
The most crucial steps to rectify QuickBooks error (-12 0) are explained below. Let’s explore each of the methods one by one-
Solution 1: Check the QuickBooks Software Version
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and hit the F2 key on your keyboard.
- Alternatively, you can open the Product Information window by pressing Ctrl + 1 on your keyboard.
- Check the version of software in Product Information Window for QuickBooks
- Because we need the product version for the following troubleshooting step, take note of the QuickBooks version displayed on the upper left side of the window.
Solution 2: Start the QuickBooks Again
To get rid of Error -12, 0 in QuickBooks Desktop, start your QuickBooks software again. Follow these steps to do so:
- Simultaneously press the Windows and R keys.
- Your computer screen’s lower-left corner will display a “Run” window.
- A search bar may be found below the notice that reads, “Type the name of a program, folder, document, or Internet resource, and Windows will open it for you.”
- Use the search bar to type “Services.msc.”
- Additionally, press the “Enter” key on your keyboard or click “OK.”
- In the list of services that are displayed on your screen, locate and click QBDataServiceUserXX. Your current version of QuickBooks is indicated here by the letter “XX.”
- You’ll see a “Restart” button under QuickBooksDBXX on the left side of your screen. To continue, click “Restart.”
Solution 3: Configure Folder Access Permission
- Select Properties by a right-click on the service name.
- Click Everyone for Group or User Names under the Security tab.
- Give complete QuickBooks control.
- On Windows, grant the QuickBooks Service permission.
- Under the Permissions for Everyone column, choose Full Control.
- Apply and OK after clicking.
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
The final solution requires the user to conduct QuickBooks File Doctor scans on their QuickBooks Desktop application to identify and fix typical problems that arise from incorrect program installation and other Windows technical issues. Follow these steps to complete this process-
- Simply choose Company File Issues from the tool hub.
- Then Run QuickBooks File Doctor option. The file doctor may take up to a minute to open. Search for QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor and manually open it if the QuickBooks File Doctor doesn’t open.
- Choose your company file from the drop-down option in QuickBooks File Doctor. If your file isn’t visible, click Browse and search to locate it.
- Choose to Check your file (just the middle option), then click Continue.
- Select Next after entering your QuickBooks admin password.
- Let the scan process complete. After that, open QuickBooks and your file again.
Still Unable To Fix QuickBooks Error (-12 0)?
We have summarized all the best solutions to fix this error. If you still face problems, we advise you to connect with the QuickBooks helpline number. Our specialists are also available around-the-clock to help you if you are unable to fix QuickBooks Error Code 12 0 on your own or run into any technical difficulties. Contact QuickBooks Data Service Solutions at +1-(855)-955-1942.