You can read various reports, invoices and forms on your system generated by QuickBooks through the help of PDF viewer. Sometimes this feature might not work because QuickBooks is unable to locate pdf viewers. The error message that appears on your screen is:-
“Unable to locate PDF viewer
You need PDF software to view and print this reconciliation report. Adobe Reader is a free PDF viewer available for download.”
If you are finding it difficult to fix QuickBooks unable to locate PDF viewer error on your system, we will advise you to reach out to our staff. Place a call on our Helpline number +1(855)-955-1942 to take professional’s help.
What causes Unable To Locate PDF Viewer Error in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks unable to locate PDF viewer can be caused because of outdated applications, faulty settings or damaged files. Following are the reasons that can possibly lead to this error.:-
- The Adobe Reader version installed on your system is outdated.
- You have not set Adobe Reader as a default PDF viewer app in QBD.
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks.
- Qbprint.qbp file is either damaged or missing from the installation directory.
What should be done When QuickBooks Cannot Locate PDF Viewer error appear on your screen?
There are five different ways through which you can fix it based on the reason causing the error in your system. Let’s look at the possible steps of action:-
Method 1- Update Adobe Reader
Outdated Adobe Reader is one possible reason for the error, and thus the right way to troubleshoot is to repair and update it. Follow these steps in order to do so:-
- Open the official Adobe Acrobat Reader Download Page.
- Make a note of the version appearing on the page, and then open the Adobe Reader app on your system.
- Choose About Adobe Reader from the Help Tab.
- Now look at the product version displayed on the page and match it with what you noted earlier. It is well and good if the versions are the same.
- In case the product versions are not the same, tap on the Help tab and click on Check for Updates button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update PDF Viewer.
Method 2- Repair Adobe Reader
Damaged Adobe Reader files are one possible reason for QuickBooks unable to locate pdf viewer Error. There is an internal repair tool of Adobe reader that can fix the damaged files. Access it by following these steps:-
- Close all the applications you are running on Windows and run Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Go to the Help tab and then tap Repair Acrobat Installation.
- Wait for the repair process to get over and then Restart your system.
- Now try printing the same documents in QuickBooks again.
Method 3- Reinstall Adobe Viewer
If QuickBooks Can’t Print Statement QuickBooks says Unable to Locate PDF Viewer after the previous method, you will have to reinstall the whole application as there are damaged files that failed to get repaired using Abobe Reader internal repair tool. :-
- Press Windows+R, the Run window will appear. Type appwiz.cpl and Press OK.
- Choose View Installed Updates in the Programs and Features window.
- Right Click on Adobe Reader and then tap on Uninstall.
- Now Go back to the Adobe Acrobat Reader official download page, which we opened in the first solution.
- Download the correct Adobe Reader version and install it on your system.
- Now Restart your computer and try to complete the same task in QuickBooks, which led to an error.
Method 4- Set Adobe Reader as Default PDF Viewer
QuickBooks unable to locate pdf viewer is caused when Adobe Reader is not your default PDF Viewer. Set it as the default PDF viewer following these steps.-
- Press the Windows Start button and then click on the settings button.
- Tap on the system option and then choose Default apps.
- Now select Choose default apps by file type.
- From the list of programmes, select .pdf and Go to choose a default.
- Now select Adobe Acrobat reader.
Method 5- Change the name of Qbprint.qbp File
Damaged or missing Qbprint.qbp file leads to QuickBooks unable to locate pdf viewer error. Renaming the Qbprint.qbp file can be one possible way to fix the error. Follow these steps in order to do so-
- Run Windows File manager and the tap on Organise option from the top left corner.
- Choose Folder and Search Option and under the View tab, you need to unmark Show Hidden Files, Folders or Drives option.
- Now Go to the Program Data folder in C Drive to open Intuit folder.
- Open the QuickBooks folder within and right-click the Qbprint.qbp file.
- Choose rename and then type Qbprint.old.
- Save the file name.
- Now open QuickBooks and complete the action that leads to the error.
Need Help to Fix QuickBooks PDF Viewer Error!
So these are all the possible solutions to follow when QuickBooks unable to locate pdf viewer error occur on your screen. If you are not tech-savvy and face difficulty while following any step, andif you find the above steps a bit complex or want an expert to help you, then we would suggest you reach out to our experts by giving us a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942.