The PDF viewer in Quickbooks can help users view various reports, invoices, forms, etc that are in PDF format. But some users reported that Quickbooks is Unable to locate PDF Viewer on their system. Whenever the Quickbooks unable to locate PDF viewer issues occurs in QB, an error message window pop up on your screen as:-
“Unable to locate PDF viewer - You need PDF software to view and print this reconciliation report. Adobe Reader is a free PDF viewer available for download.” OR "Unable to find Acrobat Reader; you should obtain this for best results in opening payroll-related PDF files."
If you are finding it difficult to fix QuickBooks unable to locate PDF viewer error on your system, we will advise you to reach out to our staff. Place a call on our Helpline number +1(855)-955-1942 to take professional’s help.
Main Causes of QuickBooks PDF Viewer Error
A number of different factors may lead to the “QuickBooks Unable to locate PDF viewer” issue in QB Desktop and Online, it could be outdated software version, incompatible PDF viewer, etc. Some main causes of this issue are mentioned here:-
- Installed Adobe Reader version is outdated.
- Adobe Reader is not set as a default PDF viewer option in QBD.
- An outdated version of QuickBooks.
- Qbprint.qbp file is either damaged or missing from the installation directory.
- Incompatible PDF Viewer with the Operating system.
Verified Methods to Fix Unable to Locate PDF Viewer QuickBooks Issue
As the major cause of the “QuickBooks unable to locate pdf viewer issue” are either issue with the PDF reader software or the QB application itself, so we’ll try to troubleshoot issues of both one by one until the issue is fixed permanently.
Before following the troubleshooting solutions for the Acrobat-related issues, simply Update your Quickbooks Desktop application to the latest release.
Method 1: Try Updating the Adobe Reader
The most commonly used PDF viewer in QB is Acrobat Reader. An Outdated Adobe Reader could be one possible reason for the error, and thus the right way to troubleshoot is to repair and update it. Follow these steps in order to do so:-
- Open the official Adobe Acrobat Reader Download Page.
- Make a note of the version appearing on the page, and then open the Adobe Reader app on your system.
- Choose About Adobe Reader from the Help Tab.
- Now look at the product version displayed on the page and match it with what you noted earlier. It is well and good if the versions are the same.
- In case the product versions are not the same, tap on the Help tab and click on Check for Updates button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update PDF Viewer.
Method 2: Repair the Installed Adobe Reader
Damaged Adobe Reader files can also trigger the “QuickBooks’ unable to locate pdf viewer” Error. There is an internal repair tool of Adobe reader that can fix the damaged files. Access it by following these steps:-
- Close all the applications you are running on Windows and run Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Go to the Help tab and then tap Repair Acrobat Installation.
- Wait for the repair process to get over and then Restart your system.
- Now try printing the same documents in QuickBooks again.
Method 3: Uninstall & Reinstall Adobe Viewer
If even after repairing the acrobat reader, QuickBooks says Unable to Locate PDF Viewer, then you will have to reinstall the whole application as there are damaged files that failed to get repaired using Abobe Reader internal repair tool.
- Press Windows+R, the Run window will appear. Type appwiz.cpl and Press OK.
- Choose View Installed Updates in the Programs and Features window.
- Right Click on Adobe Reader and then tap on Uninstall.
- Now Go back to the Adobe Acrobat Reader official download page, which we opened in the first solution.
- Download the correct Adobe Reader version and install it on your system.
- Now Restart your computer and try to complete the same task in QuickBooks, which led to an error.
Method 4: Set Adobe Reader as Default PDF Viewer
A number of times, the Error locating PDF viewer in Quickbooks can be due to the fact that Acrobat Reader is not selected as the Default PDF viewer in your QB application. So you can simply set Acrobat as the default PDF viewer in your QB by following a few steps.
- Press the Windows Start button and then click on the settings button.
- Tap on the system option and then choose Default apps.
- Now select Choose default apps by file type.
- From the list of programmes, select .pdf and Go to choose a default.
- Now select Adobe Acrobat reader.
Method 5: Change the name of Qbprint.qbp File
Damaged or missing Qbprint.qbp file leads to QuickBooks unable to locate pdf viewer error. Renaming the Qbprint.qbp file can be one possible way to fix the error. Follow these steps in order to do so-
- Run Windows File manager and the tap on Organise option from the top left corner.
- Choose Folder and Search Option and under the View tab, you need to unmark Show Hidden Files, Folders or Drives option.
- Now Go to the Program Data folder in C Drive to open Intuit folder.
- Open the QuickBooks folder within and right-click the Qbprint.qbp file.
- Choose rename and then type Qbprint.old.
- Save the file name.
- Now open QuickBooks and complete the action that leads to the error.
Need Help to Fix QuickBooks PDF Viewer Error!
Various users reported that Can’t Print Statement QuickBooks says Unable to Locate PDF Viewer or I get an error message saying “Unable to locate PDF viewer. In such a case, we would suggest you reach out to our experts by giving us a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942.